Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day # 2 of a four-day giveaway --



To celebrate my 200th post (which occurred a couple of weeks ago...shame on me for NOT noticing), I began a four-day giveaway yesterday on this blog. I am going to give away a book or pattern each day through this Thursday, June 4. I will NOT draw any winners until Monday, June 8. All you have to do is leave a comment on any post that contains a prize you would like to win.(I am safely at my destination in NJ and peeked at who commented yesterday....thanks to those who are interested and thanks to those who also came to say hello and were honest to admit they'd not use that book and asked that I not enter them.....I respect that honesty and it is refreshing to know my blogger buddies can level with me.) These prizes are all from MY collection of books and patterns. I have come to realize I will never be able to use all of them. A blogging friend was purging her collection and I realized that is a great thing to do...offer what I won't use to someone who would enjoy having it and would, hopefully, use it....much better than these things sitting idle and unused on my shelves, right?

You know the drill.....this is NOT to be announced on your blog.....I like my giveaways to be for those who read my blog on their own without being encouraged to come here just because there is a giveaway. All I ask is....IF the item is something that isn't your "cup of tea" and would most likely NOT be used by you, don't enter for that prize...leave it for someone who would really like it. Okay?

Blogger has been bad about photos lately......so the photos above may or may not appear in a logical order. Today's prize is a book called "Better Homes and Gardens Easy-Does-It Quilts". The contents page wasn't very enlightening, so I'll just tell you that this book contains photos and instructions for 11 quilts. The front and back covers of the book are pictured above. Comment below IF you'd like a chance to win this book. Remember...winners will be drawn on June 8. I will be out-of-town this week and not likely to reply to any comments and I am not able to visit many blogs, if ANY (due to computer time constraints)....so don't think I deserted you!!! I'll be back late in the day on Thursday.

20 comments:

Gene Black said...

Someone will love to get that book. Don't enter me. I think I have that book.

sewing_passion said...

I would love to win that book. If Easy-Does-It means the quilts are easy that would be the quilting book for me as I would like to try quilting.

Kathy said...

If this book is useful for beginners, like me, I'd like to be in the drawing for it. I have one VERY easy step-by step book that I'm working my way through (very slowly) now, but would enjoy one a big more interesting.

Millie said...

I love that book and will be so happy to own it. Please count me in...I love to make simple and fast quilts.

Crispy said...

Since you are peeking at comments, I just wanted to say HI and hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing time.

Crispy - Don't enter me in this drawing....books I don't need hee hee.

Nancy said...

Just wanted to pop in and say HI!!

Hope you are having a great time.

Don't enter me...

Jean said...

What a nice idea for a giveaway....to treat your readers. Please enter me in today's giveaway.

lesthook said...

Another one that doesn't need another book but did want to let you know I have bee visiting.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hope you are enjoying your trip. Yes, I would like to be entered into this drawing. That star quilt on the back would be great for Quilts of Valor.

hetty said...

Love your give-away! I really like the fact that you want to give something to your readers and not just to people who stop by to enter the give-away, never to be heard from again. Please enter me. I love easy quilt patterns!

Myra said...

This book looks interesting too Pat! Do enter me here please. 8-)

Angela said...

Looks like another "doable" book. :o) Those are the best kind for me.

quiltingnana said...

the book looks great but I have so many that I don't have time to use. I am sure some lucky quilter will be happy with it

Patty said...

I would love to win this book

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Ooh, I hope I don't look greedy by commenting on both of your posts, but boy are those both books I wouldn't mind owning! LoL* What a really nice giveaway! :)

Susan said...

How much fun are Giveaways... Please enter me. I love all quilt books.
Love your blog Congrats on your 200th.
Hugs
Susan

rachel griffith said...

cute, cute book.

limpingalong said...

I'd love to have the Easy-Does-It book -- I need easy things. My brain doesn't handle complicated too well!
Congrats on 200+ blog entries

Rose E. Glasses said...

Thanks for the opportunity. I started reading one person's blog and I have taken the bunny trail to your site. I am loving this venue. It is better than reading JC Penny's catalog!

Thanks!
Denis Briggs

Anonymous said...

See what happens when I go away on a holiday! I nearly missed out! Please, please consider me too. I think what you are doing is fantastic and once things settle down around here I am doing the same! A few people have even opened Etsy shops to unload some of their unwanted items.