Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My hairdresser is so nice....

I love the gal that does my hair. She is so nice and goes out of her way to accommodate her customers.  She is also a very good hairdresser.  For Christmas I made her a small zippered bag.  I had no idea if she would like it.  It turns out she liked it so much (and used it so often) and felt she could use one even larger, so...I surprised her at my last appointment with this new, large one...measuring about 9" wide by 8" high...with a nice, glass-bead zipper pull and two inside pockets. She was very thrilled with it.  She said many of her friends have asked where she got the smaller one...and she offered to sell them in her shop if I wanted to make them, but....I'm not too keen on that idea right now.  Maybe I'll reconsider down the road, but for now.....I told her "Thanks, but no thanks!"

20 comments:

Regina said...

So cute! I love the glass bead zipper pull.

Jean(ie) said...

There's nothing better than a good surprise.

andsewon said...

What a lovely 'tip' she received that day!;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice surprise for her!! You did good, Pat. If you decide to make and sell them be sure to read that fine print on your pattern. I cant recall the blog at moment but it created a little fire storm a few weeks back about this. There were al sorts of opinions.

Needled Mom said...

It is darling, Pat, and I can imagine how much she loved it. Sometimes a "job" of sewing takes the fun out of it. I don't blame you for saying "no thanks" at this time.

Beth said...

Cute bag. The pull is really a great touch too.
My sister ius always telling me to sell some of my things. I always tell her that it is my hobby and I don't want to make it my job.

Denise :) said...

I love the fabric you used -- it's perfect for it! And the beaded zipper pull is the perfect finishing touch!! :)

Rita said...

What a cute bag, Pat. I love the pull. I also have a very sweet hairdresser, we have become good friends over the years.

Janet said...

It's clients like you that make it fun for hair dressers. My DD 2 is a hairdresser. She appreciates all the little things that some of her clients do for her. The bag is lovely and so nice of you to give her something so useful!

ooglebloops said...

The bag is very cool!!! You should make a couple, and just leave them there -they would sell out in no time!!

Jocelyn said...

Cute bag, and what a blessing to have a hairdresser that does a good job. It is so hard to find around here.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Very cute! I love the fabric and the glass bead pull is a wonderful finishing touch. I still need to conquer my fear of zippers. I've decided a pouch is the perfect project but I'm still in the thinking stage. :)

Tangos Treasures said...

Love it!!

Gene Black said...

Zippered pouches are fun to make. But I am not sure I would want to "make a business" of it.

Lindabee said...

As one who sold crafts in stores in the past, it wouldn't be bad to sell what you make. Orders are a big pain, however. Make sure that each item has an inventory number so that you can keep track of what sold, and how much money is owed to you. As as a side, a little birdie told me that a package is "winging" it's way to you. Look for it by the weekend.

Rhonda said...

What a great little gift.

Delisa said...

Hi Pat! The bag is beautiful you did a great job. I know just what you mean. People often ask me if I want to sell the things I make or if they could order something. Even thought it was difficult, I have learned to say no over the years. I never know when my arthritis is going to flare up. When it does I have to just set my projects aside for awhile. I find that most people don't quite understand how much time is involved in handmade projects.

So for now, I too would rather just give my things away as gifts of love and not feel a deadline or have pressure hanging over me. Another thing I have found with myself is that I only have so much energy these days. If I constantly take in orders from others, I do not have the strength left to explore or learn new techniques. But it is nice to know that it is an option and that people appreciate what I make. I hope you have a great day ahead! Delisa :)

jan said...

Something tothink of for the future maybe.

hetty said...

Great little bag Pat! I also turn down offers to sell my stuff. I never know what kind of a mood I'll be in. And I usually only make one of a kind things.

Anonymous said...

It really nice hairdresser project.It look so beautiful and amazing.Thanx to share with us.

Shed