Friday, March 23, 2012

A little detour........

Before I begin showing some of the photos from our recent vacation, I have two photos to show of surprises I had in the mail upon my return.  One is from a blogging pal, Linda.  (HERE is her blog.)  She and I share a love for Disney World and she had made these terrific neck coolers for when she went with her family.  We had been in touch about this and she was going to let me have some of the little cooler "beads" to put in some neck coolers I was going to make. Well....imagine my surprise when I returned home and found not only the "beads", BUT also 5 coolers just waiting to be finished.  She included a lovely note (and her handwriting is among the nicest I have ever seen...and as a retired elementary school teacher, I feel qualified to judge that)!!!  The photo shows what she sent me and I LOVE the Disney fabrics she used!  THANKS, Linda!
         The other surprise in the mail was the arrival of a cute necklace I won on the blog of another blogging pal, Nancy.  (HERE is her blog.)   I don't wear a lot of jewelry but this necklace really appealed to me and it will get a lot of use.  THANKS, Nancy!!! 
     I promise to start posting vacation photos next.........I have tons of them, so I will spread them out over the course of a few weeks.  We had such a nice time and such beautiful weather that there were photo opportunities every time we turned around and looked!
       Thanks for all the kind comments on the drawings I posted yesterday.  Believe me when I say I CANNOT draw, but the Disney artists step everyone through the class in such a way that everyone experiences success and has a lot of fun doing it.  On my own, I could never have done those drawings...that's for sure!



  

12 comments:

DaCraftyLady said...

Oh I love those cool neckties..they work wonders, a couple years ago I bought two in the mts while there when their temps soared. I never knew you could buy the beads???? What are they called??? I would like to find some to make a couple for my g-daughters...What nice blogger friends..they PIF for sure...

Roslyn said...

I need to make some of those neck coolers in preparation for the AZ summer.
They send them to the soldiers in the Middle east by the 100's those poor guys really need them.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home...you were missed.

Gene Black said...

I have made several of those neck coolers. they are wonderful for summers here in the Alabama sun.

Denise :) said...

Hmmm...being also an Alabamian (and already experiencing some of that hot summer sun) those neck coolers sound interesting! Perhaps you need to show us how! Enjoy your fun things -- love the 'key' necklace charm!! :)

DaCraftyLady said...

Well I changed it so I hope it has a reply link now

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow those coolers are cool!! LOL Love the necklace too!!

Rhonda said...

What wonderful surprises.

Val said...

I am wondering if those neck coolers would work for hot flashes!!!! Can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Beth said...

Cute neck coolers! I hope you do know about those beads cause I would like to make some coolers too.

Delisa said...

Hi Pat! I hope you had a wonderful vacation, I look forward to reading more about it. I'm glad you had such a pretty drive! Have a lovely weekend ahead! Delisa :)

Unknown said...

I love packages in the mail, and especially after coming home from vacation. You have wonderful bloggy pals.