Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back to reality.....

We got back home day before yesterday from a trip of 3+ weeks to Florida.....visited some friends as well as did a wonderful week at Walt Disney World and a nice stay at both the Sarasota area and on Clearwater Beach.  I am very behind on blog-reading and realize I will never catch up with that, so will just start fresh now.  (Excuse me for missing some of your posts while I was away.)  I am going to share many photos from the trip in the coming weeks.  I am going to start out with photos of drawings I did in the free animation classes offered at the Hollywood Studios part of Walt Disney World.  I really enjoy those classes....20 minutes of working with one of their artists and they get even a terrible "artist" like me to draw something very cute.  I am going to collect a few more in subsequent trips and then mount them all, collage-like, in a frame.  Here are the three I have done so far..... Dopey from Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs......Tigger from Winnie the Pooh.....and Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio (that I did last year).  Of course, Blogger did not let me position the photos where I wanted them........GRRRRRR.....but at least all 3 of them posted!  I think you can click to enlarge them if you wish to see them in greater detail.  It is amazing that the Disney animators get a group of about 50 people from age 5 to VERY old (and with varying degrees of ability) to do something so cute in such a short period of time!  If you ever go there, try it....you'll have a great time.

16 comments:

John'aLee said...

Isn't Florida wonderful? You are not the only one behind on blog posts my friend!
Glad you're back!

Needled Mom said...

I think you may have a new career!! Very cute.

It sounds like you had a great trip and made it home in time to do some blog hopping before the end of it tomorrow.

Susan said...

That sounds like so much fun! You did a wonderful job on your drawings too!

Rhonda said...

So happy you had a great time on your visit and so glad you're back safely!

Tangos Treasures said...

YAY!! Welcome Home!! Love the drawings!!

Denise :) said...

I'm so glad you're back and SO glad you had a marvelous time! Your Disney drawings are terrific!!! I can't wait to see photos! :)

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Great drawings!! Welcome back!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Pat you did a great job on your sketches! I would have never thought of taking one of those classes because I have absolutely no drawing talent. I think they'd look adorable framed in a collage. Great job!

Beth said...

Welocme back. That trip sounds like so much fun. I look forward to seeing more pictures.
Your scetches are so cute! Good job. Bet mine would still look like blobs.

hetty said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a good time. Love your drawings. They are so cute.

luv2quilt2 said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip, and your drawings are great.

Jean(ie) said...

You did a super job on those sketches. I need to get back to drawing. I'm so out of practice.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

Unknown said...

wow........those are great....I can't draw a stick figure.......glad you're back

Julia said...

Sounds like a fun trip...your drawings are great.
Look forward to the photos

Julia said...

Sounds like a fun trip...your drawings are great.
Look forward to the photos

sewfunquilts said...

Love your drawings, and glad you had a terrific trip.