Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Operating in slow speed here!

I feel like I'm moving in slow-motion as I'm feeling so worn down right now....can't even think of sewing or anything else for that matter. I did get to the doctor yesterday....got a prescription cough syrup and an inhaler and was sent for an x-ray as he heard rattling sounds with his stethoscope and he wants to be sure I don't have pneumonia. I hope I'll hear the results today. Thanks for all the well-wishes. The photos today are from when we were with the grandkids the weekend prior to Christmas...during the big snowstorm they had in NJ.

Driving there in "whiteout" conditions. It was scary - cars skidding off the road, etc.
Girls anxious to open their gifts.

Me and hubby with Emily and Jessi.
Emily & Jessi eating big cookies in their new, comfy (as they call them) pajamas.
Had to shovel a LOT of snow in order to head home the next day!

24 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Gosh, you poor thing. I do hope the medication starts to work very quickly. The photos are great but I must admit that you are braver than me, driving in those conditions - wow.
huge healing hugs
Miche'le

Margi said...

WOWSER, I can see why you are worn down! Get some good rest!

Tangos Treasures said...

Hope you got some rest last night!
Feel better!!
yikes on all that snow!

Rachel said...

Take it easy and get some rest. Christmas is over - there's absolutely nothing you have to do that's more important than getting well!

Let us know when you get the results from your x-ray.

xo

Anonymous said...

Glad you're under a doctor's care! Sending you virtual chicken soup.

Anonymous said...

Keep well dear friend...stay toasty. We are in for some more icky weather soon!

hetty said...

Glad you went to the doctor. Now get some much needed rest and hopefully the x-rays will come back negative for pneumonia. Love your snow and family photos. Hugs!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

That cough syrup should help you sleep. That's what you need, sleep, sleep, sleep. Take care, sweetie.

Gene Black said...

Make the hubby take care of you and YOU rest. Leave the Christmas stuff where it is and don't worry about it.

Prayers are being said for you.

Crispy said...

Oh My that was a lot of snow....words from personal experience LOL. I hoping the meds kick in quick and you get to feeling better very soon.

Crispy

JustCindy said...

I hope medications help and it is not anymore serious. That's a lot of snow. The girls look adorable as always.

Needled Mom said...

That is a lot of snow.

Take care of yourself and allow yourself to rest!

Val said...

Oh I hope you get better soon. I hate to hear you are sick. Rest, rest, rest. Get well. I am praying for you.

Danielle said...

Rest and get better soon! The girls are adorable, as always!

I can only imagine that was a quite a drive! I really get nervous driving through any storms of that magnitude... Whew!

Rae Ann said...

Sorry you are under the weather! Hope you get back to feeling good real soon.
Wow! What a snowstorm! Fun to see, but not fun to travel in.
Your grand-daughters are precious!

Sara said...

Stay inside and get better...it is frigid here today!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hope you feel better real soon Pat!!

Rhonda said...

Oh Pat, there is nothing worse than feeling under the weather around te holidays.....I hope you get to feeling better very soon!

Myra said...

Wow Pat! That is a lot of snow!!! Glad you got there and back home ok...
Darling photos with the girls...
Hope you are feeling some better tomorrow...

Kim Walus said...

Just back from Florida and we came home to snow but not quite like what you experienced. It's been snowing all day and I've been sewing, blogging, cleaning, and avoiding the unpacking of luggage. I'm doing a Scarlet O'Hara on the luggage. I'd much rather sew.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get meds and I hope you're feeling better really soon!!

Julia said...

Hope your feeling better by now Pat..I hope you have good results from the X-ray!
All that snow...and we are melting down under..
Take care. Julia ♥

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Hope the meds do the job. Lots of people have had that awful cough.

Cute grandkids - but you can keep the snow.

Gari in AL said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly. Be sure you take your meds and rest, rest, rest. All that work and sewing will be there when you get to feeling better.

Marion said...

Hello,

get well soon.

I haven't seen so much snow in my life, do you have more in winter as that much?

Greetings,

Marion from Germany