Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What fun.....12 Days of Christmas!!!


Click HERE to follow Sew Fantastic's 12 Days of Christmas....it's great fun!!! Don't miss it!

And speaking of fun, I started to work on a disappearing 9-patch (D9P) runner today. The gals in the neighborhood group want to learn how to do a D9P.....not sure why they think it's difficult as it is easy-peasy!!! I told them we can work on that at our next get-together....told them each to come with three 9-patch blocks already sewn together and then they can make it into a runner that day...and then THEY will be hooked on D9P's, too. So...here is the block I made (with 2 more blocks to go for the runner). You know I love penguins (click on it to see all those cute little buggers)...so this, when completed, can be a winter runner for the island in my kitchen. It IS square but for some reason, the angle of the camera and the contour of the green cushion on which the block is setting, combined to make the block look out-of-shape. I'll show it again when the top is completed. Now...of course, I should have been decorating the tree instead of doing this today, but.......I'm sure all of you have been guilty of doing the same thing...sewing when you should have been doing something else!!

21 comments:

Kaye said...

Cute little buggers! Are you using all blues?

Gene Black said...

NO (cough cough) I never (cough cough) sew when I should be (cough cough) doing something else. Not me!


And if you believe that I have some Swamp land in Arizona for sale cheap!

luv2quilt2 said...

What cute fabric! Your friends are going to be shocked at how easy the D9P is. Have fun getting your tree done.

Betsy said...

love your block Pat

Anonymous said...

Pat, it appears the penguin is your "totem animal" (according to Native American belief). You can Google and learn about that, or you can ask Gene. :)

hetty said...

Very cute! I love the D9P too! Please show us your runner when you complete it.

The Other Barb said...

I want to make a D9P someday! like your penguin fabric. have a good day.

Anonymous said...

I blog when I should be doing something else. LOL

JustCindy said...

I think those are some of the cutest penguins I've ever saw. Love the icy blue color of the fabric.

Myra said...

Making a D9-P table runner with your gals is a great way of introducing a new method/pattern. Our group did that with the Double Wedding Ring... It sure lets you know if you want to make something bigger...or not! lol!!!
Your penguins table topper will be wonderful! 8-)

Needled Mom said...

I love doing the D9P. It is so rewarding when done.

Tangos Treasures said...

Cute!! I love D9P's too!!

Unknown said...

guilty, guilty, guilty....love the buggers.

Barb said...

Guilty as charged!!! You must have a looking glass....

andsewon said...

Guilty too...;-)
Cute block and yes they will slap themselves on the head and say OH THAT'S HOW IT IS DONE!!!
Tree this weekend...maybe.

Sara said...

I love the D9P - it is one of my most favorite blocks to make...

Julia said...

All the time Pat, I'd rather sew than anything else...Love the penguins!
Julia ♥

jan said...

Who? Moi? Never!!

hahahaha, and I have some of that swamp land too Gene !!?!?!?
Jan

Rae Ann said...

That is going to be a great D9P quilt. I love your colors. What is is about us that makes us feel like we should be up doing what we're not! Enjoy your quilting!

Rachel said...

First rule, Pat... there is NEVER anything better you could be doing than sewing. Sewing even beats decorating the tree. Repeat this mantra when necessary.

Is that penguin FLANNEL? Those are such cute fabrics!

Crispy said...

After having company and a mountain of typing to do, you deserve to play with fabric for a while. You can decorate a tree any ol' time LOL.

Crispy