Twelve quilters were involved in a signature block swap to celebrate the 60th birthday of Linda (
Fiber Fabrications). Yesterday I was so happy to receive my blocks and love the clever and fun ways people did their signatures. Thanks to all of you who took part in this swap. Here is a photo of the 12 blocks just laid out on my "design floor". I am open to suggestions about settings.....color for sashing, etc. I am going to make this be a lap-sized throw so I can think of all these quilters every time I use it. I didn't take photos of all the blocks as my camera batteries were running low, but I do have a few close-ups to show below the photo of the 12 blocks. AND....Linda sent a great pincushion she made (which is also show below). The green yarn on the top is the softest yarn I ever felt and Linda told me is is alpaca yarn and silk........OOOOOOO....I just love it!




Now I know the pincushion looks HUGE here....looks to be the size of a pumpkin.....LOL .....but it is not. I just took a real close-up shot of it.....it is a normal-sized pincushion. I love it. Thanks, Linda. It was nice of you to send this....and you know how I've been wanting to feel alpaca yarn!
REMEMBER - I'm looking for suggestions about how to turn my siggy blocks into a top!
17 comments:
Pat great siggies. Don't make anything with them yet, it will come to you.
I love the pumpkin. I have the pattern which I hope to tackle one day.
What nice blocks! Look at you already thinking about layouts!
Alpaca yarn is very, very soft!
Nice blocks!
I would sash them with a netural color plus a small netural border to float it than a border in a bolder color?
Cute pincushion too!
Oooh those all look so good together. I can't wait to get mine!
Hmm.. I forgot to put a suggestion. I am thinking I may use some "three stripe" squares to fill in and bring mine up to the size I want it to be. I will be doing a lot of "playing with" until I decide.
I need to keep checking to see what folks suggest to you.
Love the siggie blocks. They're going to make a great project. I don't have any suggestions for completion, though, but I'm sure just the right setting will come to you.
Great blocks Pat, and very interesting pincushion!!! As for layout, looks like you are well on your way... I like Tango's suggestion for sashing... 8-)
You'll have a vision about those siggy blocks in no time at all...don't push it to hard. :-) Merry Christmas!!
love the siggy blocks I've been wanting to do that for some time now, just have to figure out how to start the project....
Nice siggy blocks! I will have to look at the photo a bit longer for something to come to me regarding the layout and sashing etc. Love the pincushion!
I thing with sashing in neutrals, the quilt will be big enough for my use. Glad everyone likes the pincushions. They are so easy. You make a big yo yo, stuff it really tight. Pull it tightly shut and stitch. Then, using yarn, create your pumpkin sections. Then just make a daisy from a loom for the top and embellish it anyway you want. I put lavendar in some of these.
Going to be gorgeous! The fabrics are perfect. Love that pincushion.
May your holidays be blessed & beautiful ~
Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~Marydon
What a cute pincushion - and I just love signature blocks. I love that they really leave a legacy of your quilting for someone to discover some day.
I live right down the road from an Alpaca Farm! Lol* They are a big thing these days...used to work with a guy who had Alpaca's too. So neat!
How FUN is that signature quilt!!! I LOVE that !!!
....as always, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog and for your nice comments about the tutorial!
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!
I am so happy to have been part of the Birthday block exchange. I hope we do something like that again it was such fun. Happy Holidays to all your blog readers
It's wonderful how they signed their blocks...very cute. I know you will hate me but my suggestion is to set them on point :0)
Crispy
What great siggies and blocks. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs
Post a Comment