When you read this, we should be on the way to our daughter's house in NJ. She was to come here for the weekend with her family so we could have our Christmas celebration with them, BUT......due to their work situations, they couldn't come, so we are to go there for the day. (We have church music practices tomorrow for the Christmas pageant and want to be back for that.) I am hoping the weather doesn't play havoc with our plans as I want to play with the little ones with the new games we will be giving them and this is the only time we could get to see them during the Christmas season. If it appears bad, we will stay there overnight, though, and won't take chances driving in severely bad weather. I'm still hoping we can make our way back today. PLEASE pray for us to have safe travels. I am going to pre-schedule tomorrow's blog post...just in case and, in all likelihood, I won't be doing any blog reading and commenting until we are back home, which could be another day or so if the weather is really bad. Now...for today's post....

One of my really good blogging friends is
SANDI from A Legacy of Stitches. She has a message board/forum on Yahoo,
Wooly Buddies, for people who enjoy working with wool and wool felt and she jokingly calls herself the "shepherdess" there. SO...she sent me a Christmas card with cute sheep on it AND an adorable bell pin. She knows I'm in a handbell choir and thought this would be perfect for me....and it is! I got a new coat this year for church....a black woolen coat and the pin looks wonderful on there, don't you agree? Thanks, Sandi!
EDITED to ADD: Got to NJ safely but took WAY longer than normal and conditions were horrendous. There is no way we can attempt to head home until this is over...and it's not to stop until tomorrow morning.
20 comments:
Prayers out for safe travels!
Cute pin!
safe, safe travels to you; hope you can check in when you get there. Lots of prayers and white light winging their way to wrap around you.
I'm hoping for your safe return home!! What a lovely giftie, I loves pins :0)
Crispy
Safe travels!
Sandi picked out a perfect little gift for you!
My prayers got out/up for safe travels also.
The only way the pin could have been more perfect would be if the bells had penguins on them!
I know the weather has played havoc with your plans, so I hope you are safe at home with no intention of going anywhere else.
Praying for a safe journey. Hope the weather cooperates with your plans. Love that pin. It's so cute!
I hope you have a safe travel and fun time with your family.
Love the card.
Prayers for a safe trip, Pat. Enjoy the visit.
Sandi is a shepherdess. I love that title for her.
Enjoy your family time, safe travels!
Enjoy the family time Pat!
What a sweet gift from Sandi! It looks awesome on your coat.
Oh, Pat, when I saw the snow coverage of the big east coast snowstorm......I thought.....oh, lots of folks are going to have rearranged travel plans. Sooooo glad you got safely to Tara's. I was surprised to see my card on your blog and funny thing is that today on Pat Sloan's blog, she posted about a gift and pin that I sent to her! And it's all because of her that I "met" you! How sweet!
Sandi knows you well! I've seen on TV about the bad weather, I hope it clears up soon so people like you can
continue on wih their travel plans. Keep safe and warm at your DD's!
Have fun and be SAFE!!!!
I can't believe you came to southern NJ! That's where I am and we cnn't leave our driveway. No surprise you are stuck here. At least you are safe and warm with family. We were without power for over 3 hours this morning -- brrrr.
Stay safe girl! Enjoy your family.
Thanks for the update, I have been thinking/praying for you all day.
don't know where in NJ you went but here it's a blizzard for sure! Glad you made it safely to your daughter's. I was going to sew this morning but the electric went out so I wrapped presents.
Have a safe trip home Pat. We were in Va for dtr's graduation & headed home earlier than planned to avoid the snow -- good thng or were wouldn't have made it! Snow here in Onio today but nothing like the east got!!
Safe travels and have a wonderful time with your family!
Post a Comment