Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What I WOULD have made......


Here is a photo of something I WOULD have made....if I had remembered I HAD it! *sigh* I have the whole kit and got it probably last February. I had plenty of time to do it.....so I put it aside. And....I just found it last night. With as much as I have to do right now and as far behind as I am, I doubt it will get done for this Christmas, but I better not put it away or I'll forget about it....again! Edited to add where you can buy this as some are asking: Click HERE.

To answer a couple of questions I've had recently in emails........Mary (who won my recent anniversary giveaway) did select her prize. She chose the gift certificate to Joann Fabrics. The other question I've had is about my recent skin cancer surgery on my forehead. I went back to the surgeon one week post-op and some stitches were taken out but the rest were left until this upcoming Friday. I don't like the way one part of it looks, though....I think it is a stitch that was taken out too soon and it's opened back up and is not healing. If I don't like the results I get this Friday, I'm going to have my primary care doctor deal with the rest of it for me. ALSO....who made it be December already??? Yikes!!! Don't you know I need more November days to catch up on things?

24 comments:

Barb said...

I hope you find time to catch your breath and get some things done...Isn't it amazing how we put things away and later find them...kicking ourselves the whole time ....but weilll....maybe next year?

Margi said...

I know, I can't believe it is December either. ACK already. I totally love that candle mat pattern! I can never seem to find cute stuff like that around here, who is the pattern by. I couldn't see, maybe I can find it online.
Hope the follow up comes out good!

Unknown said...

how cute, I love that little kit....where would one get a kit like this or similar? I hope your forehead heals soon.

Gene Black said...

Tonya and Margi, you can get it from the designer at http://www.annellesoriginals.com/ornaments.html
It is by Annelle's originals. I thought it was quilted but it isn't. It is a felt/embroidery kit.

Pat. I know what you mean about December being here already. Yikes.
I had a place removed from my forehead yesterday. The doc sent it for pathology but thinks it is a seborrheic keratosis. AKA nothing to worry about.

Crispy said...

That's a cute little kit maybe after things settle down you can make it up. I'm glad December is here that means only 3 more months of winter (I hope) LOL. I hope the drs can repair that one spot to your satisfaction.

Crispy

Kathy said...

I'm sure you will get the important things done in time. Some things just have to go by the wayside. I find that having an early Dec. deadline, as I do, really helps me to concentrate of what MUST be done.

Hope you get your forehead all cleared up soon. I find that as I get older, I heal much more slowly. It's very annoying, but just another of those things we can't avoid.

The little kit is charming. One of these days I'm going to try felting.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm on one of those wheels that mice run on...getting know where at times. I'm unsure but it really seems as though we just had Halloween so why is November a blurr? I'm not the only one..obvious to your post. Mom always did say as you age the time goes quickly....I'm only turning 50!

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute Christmas project -- go for it! (perhaps for next year ;)

luv2quilt2 said...

I'm beginning to feel panicked about getting things done. I know I started early enough - I just didn't stick to it. I have 2 packages ready to mail, but there are at least 3 more that aren't finished yet. Good luck with your visit to the doctor. I'm sure he can take care of that last spot that isn't healing the way it should.

JustCindy said...

Cute candle mat kit! Good luck @ the dr's Friday. I'm so far behind I'm about to give up.

Yvette said...

What a cute kit!
It looks like we need to plan better, I also found something I was supposed to make this year. Oh well, 2010 is around the corner. LOL!

Good luck this Friday! Please update us when you know something.

Needled Mom said...

There is still time to get it done....ha, ha.

Still praying for good results on Friday. It's a shame to wait so long, isn't it?

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I remember you were making those little candle mats for all seasons, and posting pictures of them like crazy. Of course you left out the most important one because after all, you had about 10 months to work on it. Very cute.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh that is the cutest candle mat - hope you get time to play with it soon.

Rhonda said...

December! Oh no, I'm not ready....LOL.....hope things go well for you at the office visit.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I'm not ready for December either. I have had a lot of company the past two months, but it was fun. My dad just left yesterday. He had never been to my home in KY and I've been here 13 years!

I love your candle pattern. I'm sure you could whip that up really quick!

Sara said...

December - did you say it is already December? I am not ready for it to be anything close to December...

Betsy said...

December ? yep, the kids in school are antsy. It's December and I am feeling the pain. 16 days to go.
I too find things I should have made. I hope you make it, it looks nice.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Pat, I love this too! I am in the same boat. Have too many things to do before Christmas. This is something hard to get motivated to do in mid summer. Steph

Gari in AL said...

I have started a box that I labeled "things to start in January." This is because I can't remember anything after the Christmas rush is over. lol

Jocelyn said...

Oh my December! Where did the year go??

Myra said...

Great candle mat pattern Pat. Took a peek at that site. Some wonderful patterns there!!! Thanks for the link! 8-)

I need more November days also...

Hope your forehead heals well...

Happy stitchings!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I can completely relate. I have a Christmas panel I bought last year with intentions of quilting it sometime during the year to have ready for Christmas! Fat chance I'll find the time to do it now!!! You could at least work on it a little while you're in the Christmas mood? :) The nice thing about holiday items is that you always have next year to use them.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That looks like a fun stitchery to do AFTER the holiday's Pat!