Ryan at the blog called I'm Just A Guy Who Quilts is having a nice giveaway for 2 lucky winners.......the GREAT calendar pictured here as well as some "quilty" items. Click HERE to enter and to read the interesting story about how Ryan came to have these calendars.
Now for the new "policy" mentioned in my title for this post. For the past 12+ months, when someone has commented on my blog, I have made every effort to comment BACK to them...to thank them, etc. and I have succeeded about 95% of the time or better. I now find that I'm following in excess of 150 blogs (and gaining more all the time) and I like to comment on them. It is impossible now to do that AND to acknowledge all the comments made on my blog. So....please understand that I won't be able to continue doing that. I would rather spend my computer time going to your blogs and commenting there (and I think you'd prefer that, too) than to reply back to a comment you post here on my blog. (Of course, if you ask a question in your comment, I will make every attempt to answer and I will also try to reply to the first comment by every new person who discovers my blog.) For awhile, it was possible to reply to all comments AND keep up with reading blogs and commenting on them, but I've now reached the point where I had to rethink it all...and I think my plan will work out fine! I hope everyone understands.
34 comments:
I like your new policy.
The new policy is very reasonable. Some days I just don't have time to respond to all the comments. So I understand completely.
Great giveaway! I'm off to check it out!
And I certainly understand your new policy! I always feel like I have to reply to comments and there just isn't enough time most days. Then I feel I'm being rude if I don't reply. Sounds like we're all in the same boat!
We'd much rather you spend your time sharing your quilting adventures with us!
Very understandable!!
Good for you... we all need to prioritize our time...
(and I won't expect an email back,LOL)
Sounds like a good plan.
We should all spend our time creating rather than typing. That way we will have more things to share on our blogs! Great decision, Pat.
maybe I'm rude, because I already do that.....unless I do notice it's a new person.
Well sounds like a good plan to me too.
I feel bad though when I don't reply. I got behind and did not want folks to feel I was ignoring them.
I follow a lot also in Reader but do not comment on every post either.
Do understand the time crunch...can't be a slave to this PC!!;-)
That works for me Pat!! I too don't always reply to e-mails and I only follow a third of the blogs you do LOL.
Crispy
A good idea, Pat! It does become a challenge keeping up-to-date. This plan should free up some time for you. x
sounds good to me Pat
Know EXACTLY what you mean, jellybean!! Love checking in on you, don't worry about replies to me, I'll love ya just the same!! Have a wonderful Holiday!!
Very understandable. I think Crispy had to cut back too, even on her blog roll. I still love hearing from you :-)
I don't respond to all of them either... unless it's somebody new or a question/comment that needs a reply :)
Happy reading, I'm sure we'll all hear from you again lol!
nice red barn!
I don't comment on every blog I read either , I try and comment on finisihed projects or if a question is asked or if something interests me
I no longer answer ever comment either
not enough hours in the day
I really think we have to do what is most comfortable for us and everyone understands.
Kathie
Morning, Pat,
It is so good to be back and check in on my favorite blogs. I surely understand your new policy. I finally put a note in my comments box that said I love the comments but don't have time to reply to all. When I first started blogging it was easy because almost nobody followed my blog but it's not easy to do anymore. If I answer comments, I don't have time to read blogs, etc. With my mom's health issues under control, I hope to really get some time to think about and do projects that just were put on hold the last few months. I love the barn picture and will go check out Ryan's blog to find out about the calendars!!
This is a great way to put things, Pat. Commenting and replies are fun but sometimes it's hard to get it all done. I sure understand and just might use your idea......if you don't mind...and don't answer that.......LOL
take care.
We are apparently on the same wave link! I too am starting to have trouble keeping up and at times am ready to toss in the towel...(likely due to hormones and December)...anyway...well said...no reply necessary!!
Understand....and reasonable!!
Unless a question is asked, return visits and comments left on blogs is more than enough in my mind as I can't keep up either! We spend enough time on our computers as it is... 8-)
Something too, I don't understand why the blog holder answers the comments they get, in their own comment box? I never go back into a post's comments once I've commented!
I put up a "Comments and Responses" bit in my layout regarding all this... You are welcome to use it if you care to... I hope I worded it all ok...
I think I'm going to adopt your policy, if thats okay. I follow numerous blogs and spend anywhere from 3 to 4 hours a day on reading them, not even posting to mine!! I completely understand and hey, no reply needed!!!
ok with me :)
Why do you think I get behind on my e-mail...mainly cause I try to reply to every comment...and then I find myself drowning in e-mails that are comments.
I, too, would rather spend the time reading and commenting on your blog than trying to do both.
great policy....I find that I read a lot of blogs but don't have time to comment on everyone everyday. I try to comment on a couple a day and spread the comments around!
Pat,
I am with you about replying back to the comments. I try to write back to someone who hass commented but there is not enough time to do it all. Like others, I read and write when I can. Your new policy makes a lot of sense to me.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Pat,
I am with you about replying back to the comments. I try to write back to someone who hass commented but there is not enough time to do it all. Like others, I read and write when I can. Your new policy makes a lot of sense to me.
Warmest regards,
Anna
I am with you on that, my dear! Time runs out!!
I understand your policy! Have a happy holiday!
Micki
Well, Pat, that's what happens when you become so popular haha! I am still able to reply to nearly all comments on my blog... my goal in life is to get so BIG I can no longer do that. Just kidding. But I definitely understand the need for your new policy and hope you continue to visit me :)
I understand what you are talking about. I love reading other blogs, but seldom comment because of the time it takes. And I LOVE your little penquin village. So cute!
That sounds reasonable! I still try to reply to all of my comments, but then I don't get as many as you do!
Post a Comment