Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ginger jar goodies......

First....thanks to all of you who so kindly provided lots of terrific advice about my batting problems. I think I can "tame" it now....thanks to all your wonderful suggestions!

Now.....I know many of you also follow Bejeweled Quilts by Barb. You may then recall she was having a giveaway of precut pieces for the widely-admired ginger jar quilt she made. For those who aren't familiar with this giveaway, Barb was giving away an entire set of precut pieces in a cute little bag she made. Well......she announced her husband had picked #12 and we should go look and see who that was. I counted and thought I was #11 and Gene was #12 and I was very happy for Gene. BUT....the way the comments posted on Barb's blog, she said I was #12 and Gene was #13. SO........she said I was the winner. Gene is a wonderful blogging friend of mine and I didn't want to be unfair to him. HE said he didn't want to deprive ME of the win. We went round and round with Barb for a couple of hours on this one, each wanting to win BUT not wanting to be unfair to the other, so Barb settled it..... she decided to send a fabric bag with precut ginger jar pieces to BOTH of us. (That is typical of Barb...who is not only a talented person but a generous person, too.) She asked if she could mail the package to me and if I'd then forward one of the sets to Gene. Below are the photos of the two sets of fabric for the ginger jars that arrived to my house this week. The fabrics are all beautiful and so well-suited for that ginger jar quilt pattern. (Not shown in the photos are the little pieces that are precut.....just the larger ones are shown along with the fabric bags, which are partially visible in the top left corner of each photo.) THANKS, Barb...and I sent one set on its way to Gene today....not telling which one as he wants to be surprised!

17 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love them both. They seem to be great collections of fabric and I am happy with either. I noticed that a couple of fabrics are in each one. And I noticed that both have some Asian inspired fabrics. That makes me very happy.
This quilt will look great. I just hope I can manage to follow the directions, y'all know I am not good at that -which is why I design my own quilts most of the time. BUT I can do a disappearing nine patch and even follow a color scheme in it. So I am sure I can do this!

Betsy said...

PatI am looking forward to seeing you whip that kit up

quiltingnana said...

you are so generous and lucky...I'm sure both you and
Gene will do something creative

Anonymous said...

This really gets my attention!!! The reason is I just finished a Ginger Jar "cozy wozy" for a holiday gift using this pattern. How nice that the smaller pieces are already cut for you! I see a few fabrics in yours that I used, and this project really turned me on to Asian prints. I now have a hard time resisting a fat quarter or otherwise when I see an Asian print I don't have. It's become a collection! I don't know what I will do with them yet, but Gene's idea of a D9P is great.
I haven't tried that D9P yet either. After following the ginger jar pattern, I'm really ready for something "wonkedy" and original.

Crispy said...

That Barb, she sure is a sweety. As I told her, I was afraid that your and Gene were going to have to work out a visitation agreement or something LOL.

Crispy

hetty said...

Oh, that Barb! Isn't she the best! Lucky you and Gene!

Barb said...

Glad you like them...I totally love them and just may make me...noticed I said...me one...

The Other Barb said...

Pinelands Barb's ginger jar cozy wozy is really pretty. So..I know yours will be pretty too. It's nice that you & Gene both got a set. Haven't made a ginger jar quilt yet. it's on my "list" lol

JustCindy said...

Very pretty. Congratulations to you and Gene!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

We'll be watching for this quilt finish Pat! But now until way way next year! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Score and how wonderful from one of your all time favorite bloggers!!

Rachel said...

You and Gene are so lucky! I LOVED Barb's Ginger Jar quilt!!

Ha! There's no way I could have sent you advice on your batting battle. You should see the state of my sewing room right now. It looks like a bomb exploded in it.

Tangos Treasures said...

Awesome Congratulations to you both!!

Sara said...

Good deal for both of you...Barb is nice that way!

ooglebloops said...

The fabrics are beautiful!! I expect to see both of the finished products (yours and Gene's) in a blog post sometime soon!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Barb is such a sweetie, and she has such a big heart. Enjoy your win.

Jean said...

I love asian fabrics and these are wonderful!