Okay......now I'll just put a few more decorated houses on here and then, tomorrow, will move on to some photos of the visit with the grandkids on the weekend. (Don't expect any sewing photos for a bit yet......just too much going on right now with church music to do any real sewing.) I thank all of you for the kind comments about the house photos so far. First of all....can you see the apples on the tops of the fence posts? There are nails put in the fence posts so the apples can be placed on there...must be an "old" way of decorating as I saw a few houses that did this. (I think an apple may have been visible in one of the past photos I showed yesterday or the day before) Of course.......
you then run the risk that the squirrels will eat your decorations......see.......!!!

You might not be able to see it very well, but above the green doors on this next building, it tells you this is a lifesaving station. It WAS one many years ago in Rehoboth Beach but it has been moved to Lewes and is now a private home.
This cottage belongs to friends of ours. It is so charming and the interior decorations were featured in a Delaware magazine this month!
And here is an old school that is now a private home...no decorations on it, but I thought it was worth showing. I hope you enjoyed this little holiday "tour" of Lewes, Delaware.
28 comments:
Pat ~ I'm really enjoying the pictures of the decorated homes in your town. So charming, I'll have to visit there soon! Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas!
Love the houses too! They are charming. I wonder what the apples mean if anything?? Might have to google it!
Congratulations on the win!! What did you win?? LOL
Pat, great houses.
Can I send you some money so you can buy me some lottery tickets please?
The houses really lend themselves to decoration. I love the use of fruits and natural greens, one reason I want to visit Williamsburg in the winter. I like the apple idea, and what better way to serve nature than to provide the little critters with some food.
Great houses and great decorations! I wish I had thought about apples for decorations this year. I had a bag of apples not fit to eat and was just putting them out, hoping the squirrels would eat them. (Of course, since I wanted them eaten, they just left them to rot!
Congratulations!
I love seeing all the decorations. I especially like the lavender shutters - very different but it works!
Thanks for the tour. I love the simple understated decorations on the older homes.
I am telling ya you are a lucky one!!
Come on down soon so I can rub your head for some of that luck!!! ;-)
Love all the old homes!
Williamsburg uses the fruit a lot.The 1600/1700 homes in Smithfield do also.
Will see if they have apples on the fences today.
Woohoo!! Congratulations on the win! There were sooooo many comments- you are indeed lucky (and clever!)
Be sure to show what you create with your win :)
The houses are just beautiful - thank you for sharing your town!
Merry Christmas Pat!
I love the look of all those homes, nothing like that around here. Congrats on your win!
Love the pictures...and Congrats on the win!! I am green with envy!!
I have loved seeing the pictures Pat. Congrats on the win!!
Merry Christmas
Crispy
you are the luckiest person! Congrats on your win! :)
Pat, Congratulations on your win.
I have enjoyed the pictures of Lewes. I've been there and it is a very charming town.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Lovely photos Pat, as always! Not surprising you won again. It seems you are very lucky!
What an awesome win Pat!!! Enjoy!!
Congratulations! What a fun win.
Congrats to you and loved the photos of the homes!
Micki
Congratulations. Thanks for showing the house pictures-really enjoying the viewing. So different from houses in Australia.
Happy you won!!!!
These houses are just wonderful to see...
Maybe they put the apples out so the little squirrels have something to eat!
Congratulations on your win! Lucky lucky you. I'm so happy for you.
I've really been enjoying your 'house' pictures. I love old houses and simple, old-fashioned decorations. I have to say, though, that my favourite so far is the school house. A while ago someone sent me an email with pictures of a church in England that had been converted into a house. If I can find it, I'll send it to you. Very cool.
Had to laugh about the squirrel who enjoyed some fresh apple, grin. Someone sent me some photos a year ago which showed a squirrel each day taking a bit more on a pumpkin she had set on her porch for fall decoration, he finally ended up inside the pumpkin and ate the whole inside before coming out, if I had a way to send a couple of them to you I would email them to you. BarbM
You lucky little elf! Good for you. I'm so glad you won.
Love the pictures...and Congrats on the win!! I am so green with envy, but good for you...enjoy!!
Julia ♥
great pics....you are a lucky blogger...
Pat, congrats on your winnings!
The homes that you've shown us are so beautiful and festive. Thanks for sharing them.
Congrats on your win!!!, you're so lucky, I'm really happy for you!!! :), you're so lucky, please tell us the numbers for the lotto, lol. I asked Santa for the same jelly roll, the colors are awesome... I'm enjoying the pics from the homes,they're really cool and elegant, thank you for sharing!
More great house/decor photos!?! Wow! They are great Pat! 8-)
Congrats on your win!
Post a Comment