Saturday, October 10, 2009

Two more Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks....

Here are two more SBS blocks.....the first is called Contrary Wife and, of course, then I have to show Contrary Husband. (Actually, Contrary Wife was shown when I showed the photo of the new Janome machine on a previous post, but I'm not sure I told you the name of it, so I'm showing it again.)The "name the machine" results aren't in yet as I'm waiting for Rachel to submit her idea (since it was her suggestion to name this new Janome in hopes that he/she will behave nicely for me...unlike the last model Janome I had!!!) I should be able to report the name by the end of the weekend. There are so many good names that I cannot choose....so I will be putting them into a hat and drawing out one or two. It occurred to me that maybe the machine will behave better with a first name AND a middle name??? LOL

12 comments:

Julie said...

Very sophisticated giving it two names. Are you going to have a title as well????? HRH maybe?

luv2quilt2 said...

Love the blocks. As I've said before, I've got to get this book. When I was in college, my sister and I named our car, and one friend not only named hers, but swore that it started and ran better when she talked nicely to it.

Crispy said...

Great blocks Pat. Love the top one :0)

Crispy

Betsy said...

Pat the blocks look nice but way too complicated for me.

hetty said...

The contrary couple are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Still like HOPE!!!!

Rachel said...

Ha! Contrary wife and husband. That's funny. Is there a block called Contrary Child? I should make a whole quilt out of them if there is. haha.

Can't wait to hear what you picked for the names. I had a look at everyone's suggestions (very creative). This should be good!

Barb said...

Your machine must be treating you well.....love the blocks

Anonymous said...

Neat blocks, Pat! Glad you are having good luck with, and enjoying, that new nameless machine. ;)

Scrappy quilter said...

Great blocks. Can't wait to hear what you call your new machine.

Julia said...

Great blocks...Poor nameless machine..can't wait to hear her name!
Julia ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Great blocks and I love their names!

Sounds like the machine is being very reliable. Just more evidence that you had a lemon before! Glad it's all working out for you.