Monday, October 26, 2009

CUTE scrappy quilt.......


Isn't this quilt cute?? I came across it while randomly surfing online. A tutorial can be found for it HERE at a blog called Brown Paper Packages. I can see how anyone making this could vary a bit from the tutorial and really have a fun time with this quilt. It can be funky or more "organized". The one shown on the blog is baby-sized, but it could be any size at all...just limited by the size of your scrap bin, I guess. I may try to make some strips from my scraps and keep them for a "someday" making of this quilt! MAYBE a table-runner size would be more workable for me!!!

18 comments:

Betsy said...

definetly cute. A big slid applique in the corner would be nice too

Tangos Treasures said...

Cute!! Going to check out the blog!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

*Very* cute, but so much sitting and sewing! Perhaps someday...

Gene Black said...

MMmmmm.... just my style. I looked at the blog to see the instructions, but I am pretty sure I would just "wing it."
Gene

Kaye said...

a tad too busy for me!

Crispy said...

I'm not a fan of string quilts but this would definately make a dent in someone's scrap bin.

Crispy

Needled Mom said...

Very cute. It looks like it would be fun to make as well. When are you starting it?????

Anonymous said...

I'd say a fantastic way to use up those scraps! Have fun with making yours!

Zlaty said...

The quilt is adorable! Great for leftovers!

Happy sewing!

Zlaty

hetty said...

A great stash buster! Thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn said...

So cute! I will have to check out the tutorial.

Myra said...

Very cute! A good scrap busting project... and then you find you still have loads of scraps and barely made a dint in it all!!! lol!!!

blushing rose said...

Love the colorfulness to this quilt.

Have a warm, wonderful week. TTFN~ Marydon

Sara said...

I saw that same quilt recently - and I just thought it was so cute!

Barb said...

That is cute!!!! and would be fun...and would use up all those scraps...

limpingalong said...

Saw a tote bag at the quilt show made from 3/4 inch strips -- they were color coordinated and it was really attractive.

Julia said...

Great quilt to use up those scraps you don't know what to do with..
Julia ♥

Nanette Merrill said...

I'll have to check out that blog. I love this.