Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gotta love the mail..........

When the mail brings things like I've pictured below, you've gotta be happy to see the mail carrier arrive, right?

First is a giveaway I won from Cora.......I thought it was going to be the pretty floral panels (there are 4 of them....will make great pillow covers) and also the Kaffee Fassett charm squares. BUT....Cora included some nice extras in the package......a Christmas apron with my NAME embroidered on it and a really cute drawstring bag in great colors. (I'll post a second photo of just the bag as it's cute as a button...click on it to see it in greater detail.....did you use a pattern, Cora, or is this an "original" by you??) Cora, you are very kind!!!
Next we have the walking foot that Lynda G so generously gave to me when she discovered I had to surrender my walking foot when my 4900 machine was given back to Janome (and the new 5200 model they gave me did not come with one). Sorry the photo is dark...guess I didn't use my flash and didn't realize it until I went to post the photo. Lynda had an extra.....and she was kind enough to give that extra foot to me as well as a little baggie of the tiny hair scrunchies that are wonderful for keeping thread and bobbins from unwinding! Thanks, Lynda.....you are a sweetheart. I will say again what I've said many times before.....quilters are THE BEST!!! If these gals are "new" to you, please be sure to visit their blogs by clicking on their highlighted names above.

17 comments:

Betsy said...

great goodies Pat, enjoy.

Tangos Treasures said...

Awesome!!

Thank you for the offer to make me soup! I'd take you up on it if we were closer!
I'm sick mess!

Gene Black said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene Black said...

What a fun win!

I am glad you got the walking foot. I have some hair scrunchies somewhere that I bought for something else. I need to find them for my thread.

For anyone else, you can often find them at the dollar store and get a LOT of them for a dollar. (Canadian readers - that would be the loonie store)

October 13, 2009 7:27 AM

Crispy said...

Oooo wonderful bounty Pat!!

Crispy

luv2quilt2 said...

What a great giveaway. Isn't it wonderful how great blogging friends are?

Anonymous said...

Your walking foot looks a lot like mine, it works very well. Great idea about the use of hair scrunchies! Have a good week...

Kaye said...

Lucky, Lucky You. That was so nice of Lydia to send that to you. Bloggers are the best

Kaye said...

oops sorry Lynda

Carin said...

Woo hoo! looks like you like your postman this week lol!

sewfunquilts said...

wonderful surprises! Fun, huh?

Unknown said...

lucky you, great quilting peeps out there.

Barb said...

How fun....

I see you were sent some hoodies....you will love them.

Unknown said...

What lovely things , lucky you !

Millie said...

Great tip...with 2 girls in my home I have so many small hair scrunchies for my bobbins! Pat, I am going to give it a try.

andsewon said...

Well now you are the spoiled on today for sure! Great treasures!
Enjoy,
Lola

Cora said...

Pat, the pattern for the origami bag is on it's way to you. Have fun making it.