First is a photo of the area where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Delaware Bay in Lewes, Delaware. If you look closely, you can see land in the distance. (You might have to click the photo to enlarge it and see it.) That is Cape May, NJ.....7 miles across the water. The day was so incredibly clear......you can't always see Cape May from Lewes. I feel blessed to be retired in such a beautiful location! A day spent enjoying this scenery can really recharge my batteries.







22 comments:
retirement life. you gotta love it Pat.
Just beautiful & so calming!
Glad you got to enjoy the great outdoors!
Wonderful photos, Pat. You live in a beautiful part of the world. x
Your pictures were just lovely, it almost looks like spring instead of fall. We have snow on the ground this morning, so it looks like winter here LOL.
Crispy
what a beautiful area.
You had a lovely day. It was very rainy here.
Beautiful! I want to live in your part of the world.
Can I visit? LOL
beautiful pictures! I LOVE the one with the Lighthouse
I've taken the Cape May - Lewes Ferry once, and it was such a treat. My children were quite small and loved the seagulls coming so close for a bit of food. Your pictures are wonderful.
What wonderful photos. You are a good photographer. It's been years since I was in Lewes. I'd forgotten how lovely the beaches and other scenery there are. Thanks for the reminders.
pretty pictures but when I saw the lighthouse one I said, "ohhh!" that's my favorite :)Glad you enjoyed your day.
Barb's right, the lighthouse shot is my favorite too. Beautiful composition. Thanks for sharing.
Well, now I envy my hubby flying to Delaware this morning!! He is on his way to Smerna? Hotel in Dover? Not sure where that is compared to you, but hope he see's something pretty....he usually see's the crappy part of town since the state prison is his destination....
I love the photos! They bring you such a feeling of peace. You live in such a gorgeous area. Thanks for sharing!
What a gorgeous area for you to call home! Amazing. Thank you for sharing with us.
Gorgeous photos, Pat, and worthy of being enlarged and framed! Sun looks gorgeous. Rainy here which I don't mind but snow is in the forecast for Saturday. Yuk!
I can't tell if my last comment posted or not....
Loved the flowers, the pictures are awesome.....
your block below is nice too.
Oh, that is a beautiful area!
Beautiful day... just so pretty.
Lola
Just your description of your day put a smile on my face. And the photos are gorgeous! It was indeed a lovely day.
Thanks for takingme back to my favorite beach area!!! Miss it!!! And, WOOHOO on your new Janome - the squeaky wheel, etc........!!!
Post a Comment