Thursday, October 29, 2009

Woo-hoo......20 blocks done.....

I know...I know...having 20 blocks done is only a small "dent" in the entire quilt. (There are 140 blocks in the whole Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt, for any who didn't realize that.) I am not yet 100% positive I'll do all 140....at some point, I may decide there are some blocks that won't be made. I think if I made all of them, it would be too big for any purpose here in my house, actually. Anyway....I got off-track. This photo is of the latest completed block...the block named Lancaster Rose. It's an appliqued block...and we all know I do not excel at applique, but it turned out fine enough. After I trimmed it, I ended up "close" on seam allowance and don't want to remove and re-do the leaves, so I will have to do a smaller seam around this one block...no big deal, right? Below that block is a photo of the 20 blocks that are completed to date. I am doing it ALL scrappy and so far haven't bought any fabric, but I will need to buy more neutrals soon for background. I'm please with it so far...not sure what color sashing I'll use....I will decide that at the end of the "block-making" fun! UPDATE on granddaughter: Jessi was back at the doctor AGAIN yesterday....bronchitis a bit worse so not going back to school today...now she will not go back until Monday. She'll miss the Halloween fun, but...it's better that she get well, of course.

23 comments:

LyndaG said...

Love your blocks so far, Pat...

andsewon said...

Looking good Pat!!
20 is a goodly number!
You go gal!
Lola

Gene Black said...

I am curious, what size are the blocks?
They are looking good.

Unknown said...

I'm loving these blocks.

Anonymous said...

Your applique is very fine, and I love the scrappy look of these blocks! They are all very pretty! I think they are larger than the 5" Dear Jane blocks I've been doing (on and off) for a few years. I have 80+ of them done, but that's only about half-way. Like you, Pat, I may not do them all. Many people make smaller quilts or wall hangings instead, and that would fit better in my house too.

Kaye said...

It is a shame she will miss the fun, but as you said her getting better is the most important thing. Baby Maddy sure is a miracle baby. How much did she weigh at birth? Love the way the blocks are turning out. Its sure a large undertaking

quiltingnana said...

your applique looks good....sorry Jessi will miss the party but getting better is more important

luv2quilt2 said...

I love your blocks. I'm sorry to hear that your granddaughter is still not well and will have to miss the Halloween fun. She probably wouldn't feel up to it anyway, and with a little more rest she'll be 100% again.

Karen said...

Lancaster Rose is well done. You have a ways to go on the quilt block but taking it one step at a time, you will get them done.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Holey Moley...140 blocks. Those blocks must be teeny tiny..

Pat

Needled Mom said...

140 blocks???? I had no idea! They are looking great so far.

Sorry Jessi has to miss the Halloween fun, but better safe that sorry.

JustCindy said...

Seems Gene beat me to the question of what size are the blocks. The finished blocks are all so pretty.

Barb said...

Hope your granddaughter gets well soon.

Love the blocks...I didn't realize there was going to be that many....

Sara said...

The blocks are coming right along. I love the scrappy look!

Rhonda said...

Wow, you have been busy. Those blocks look great. Good for you!!!

hetty said...

I love all of your blocks! The applique one is fantastic! I love the scrappiness of this quilt! It is going to be fantastic. Sorry to hear that J will have to miss the Halloween fun at school. I wish her well.

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks good! I think you should keep going with the applique!

Brenden's said...

I love seeing all your blocks together Pat. Poor lil Jessi!! I hope she mends very quickly.

Crispy

Pat's Place said...

Beautiful! Can hardly wait to see it with the sashing.

Betsy said...

Pat this is by far my favorite block. Did you needleturn it? It looks fabulous.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful blocks!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, Pat, I love the color pathway that your blocks are taking. This is going to be a lovely quilt!!!

Jean said...

Your blocks are going well, Pat!