Sunday, October 4, 2009

This goes in the mail on Monday......


I am seeing the local post office workers a lot right now.......went yesterday to mail a box to Barb in American Samoa. Tomorrow I'll go mail an envelope to Laurie with the block pictured here in it as well as a little bit of $$ to help with the project she is doing. I know many of you are also participating....and that is great!!!

While at the post office tomorrow, I am also mailing a package of travel brochures from this area to my good buddy, Sara, who might come here on a vacation and then I can meet her in person....YAY!!! I'm also sending some sock yarn as she has kindly offered to knit this inept knitter a pair of socks!!! (Thanks, Sara!!!) And....I will mail a third thing tomorrow......giving up my small stash of "crazy quilt" supplies to Sandi....because she (or one of her friends) will make good use of them. I have had to be honest and admit that crazy quilt blocks are NOT my "thing"!!!

17 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Pretty block!

JustCindy said...

What a lovely block! How nice that your friend is going to knit you some socks.

Crispy said...

I've been thinking about what block I want to make, I love yours!! I need to get it done today as I'm going to make only one trip to the post office since I have 3 of the 4 things ready :0)

Crispy

luv2quilt2 said...

Your block looks great. I'm still struggling with which one to make, but I'll have to settle on one and get it done today.

Gene Black said...

I love your block! You manage to have so much going on all the time. I don't know how you do it.

Laurie said...

I have a block I would like to send to Laurie..but haven't received an addres where to send it to.
Would you so kindly send me the address.

Thank you,
Laurie
benjean90 (at) comcast (dot) net

sewfunquilts said...

Wow! You beat me in sending a box for the tsunami victims to Barb in Samoa. Mine should be ready to mail by tomorrow.

I posted about it again on my blog, if anyone else wants to go see what we are talking about.

Carin said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to play catch up after having been gone for a few days. I too...frequent the post office and wonder if they tire of seeing me? :-) I know those who are on the other end receiving my packages love them. :-) Yours will too!

Kaye said...

The block that you are sending is lovely. I am so far behind but I will catch up

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your block is wonderful. I'm sure she'll be glad to get it.

Sara said...

I'll be looking for the box! I think I would be exhausted if I stayed a day with you - :)

You always have something going on - and you are a true friend and very generous with your time and talent.

Betsy said...

Pat the block is beautiful. You are a kind soul.

fabricartist21 said...

Just to say thanks for helping me get more followers and publishing my blog.

Barb said...

Pat, I love your block, I was going to do something similar and now I can try to match your colors. You will go broke tomorrow with all that mailing. Thanks for the package that is coming. I will let you know when it gets here. Thanks for all you have done, the internet is slowly getting better, still can't post pictures...but in time.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I look forward to receiving your box of crazy quilt stash and then taking it along to our next meeting for all of us to share. Thanks in advance, Pat!!

ooglebloops said...

That's a sweet block - I hope I get mine done - I am still working on my b'day signature blocks! Am going to the PO to mail Barb's box!!!