Her Royal Highness Princess HOPE Cara Lucky Benjiro.
Whew....now THAT's a mouthful of a name, isn't it? Actually, since # 7 was chosen first (that was Mary Quilt Hollow's) and since another gal (Gari) hadn't read the suggestions and also said HOPE, that name was suggested twice (which must be a "sign"), so she will be called HOPE for short. (Hope was actually the only name suggested twice.) That is a good name, because it stands for a lot of things.....my HOPE that she will be a good machine that won't sprout hidden problems in the upcoming weeks and months....HOPE that I will make lots of nice things with her....and HOPE that I remain friends with all of you wonderful blogging buddies for many years!!!Now....to acknowledge the others whose name suggestions are within Hope's name.......the title suggestion was in an email from Julia in Australia, Cara was the suggestion of Gene (Cara means friend in Gaelic and my friends were surely involved in the effort to get Janome to replace my bad machine), Lucky was one of the multiple suggestions of Barb in American Samoa who felt the luck of the Irish should somehow be part of the name, and Benjiro (which means peaceful in Japanese) was one of the multiple suggestions of Rachel. Now we can see that the entire name encompasses, HOPE, FRIEND, LUCK, and PEACE. I think that about covers it, don't you agree? (And aren't you glad this naming "event" is finished? LOL) Hope is a new member of the Quilting Kingdom and will be a well-loved member if she serves faithfully for many stitches to come! Let's hear it for HOPE....... (and I'm sure she thanks you very much for making her feel so welcomed!!!)
25 comments:
Hi I hope that you and Hope have a wonderful life together. We all know you will and we will all see the wonderful quilts and things that the two of you will be doing for many years to come.
Hooray for Hope. I took my Brother, sewing maching that is, in on the way to the airport, was it only a week ago? It would cost me more to have them fix it than it cost for the machine new. Ha. I´m going to call the little old 85 year old man who fixed my Domistic for $60 and have hime fix the Brother. I´ve got many plans.
Hooray for HOPE -- perfect name!
"Hope" is perfect!! You should embroider "her" full name and hang it above the machine!!!It is kind of a mouthful to remember!!! :>)
"Hope" is perfect!! You should embroider "her" full name and hang it above the machine!!!It is kind of a mouthful to remember!!! :>)
You and Hope will make wonderful sewing friends.
Welcome into the fold Hope, I'm sure you will be a wonderful friend to my friend Pat....she's such a nice lady :0)
Crispy
Hope looks like a great machine, and I can't believe how much I missed while I was on vacation! Here's "hoping" your new machine is everything you've been waiting for...
Welcome Hope! There are a lot of people watching to make sure you mind your manners! :)
I think you chose a perfectly lovely name. I think most Royals have names that are a mouth full.
sounds like every avenue is covered with that name LOL
I hope you don't get MAD at your machine, heaven knows what would come out with that name ... chuckle!
It is cute tho.
Have a wonderful crisp autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon
Perfect name!
A lovely Royal and Dignified name!
Hope, friend, luck and peace. What more could anyone want?
Excellent choice, if I do say so myself!
:-) I hoped you'd say HOPE.
Gosh, that must be the most "named" sewing machine out. Fingers crossed she lives up to her names. Oh and where the tiara?
Love it! That should definitely make her feel welcome in your home. Remember, speak softly to her and she will always cooperate.
Congrats on the new machine, Pat. I hope - hee, hee - that it brings you many years of sewing fun!
This is my definition, along with Wikipedia, of your machine's new name!
Hope is a belief in a positive outcome (flawless stitching) related to events (quilting) and circumstances (having time) in one's life.
Hope is the feeling that what is wanted (beautiful quilts) can be had (by sewing on "Hope") or that events (all quilting) will turn out for the best.
Congratulations on a perfect name! I love it!
Hugs!
your machine's names (all of them) are wonderful....can't wait to meet her
Hooray for Hope...she has a name!
and what a mouthful of a name..
may she serve you well!
Julia ♥
HOpe it is....what a fun time!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog... I would give anything to be able to quilt... I just do not have the patience- or the gift of sewing.. You are amazing! Smiles..
I just love HOPE. I have 3 Janome machines and I purchase my DD on a few years back. I also have a Janome serger and I love them all!!
Good Luck with HOPE!
Post a Comment