Recently, there was a big blog hop with more than 250 blogs participating. I did read ALL the blogs, but I controlled myself and only entered 20......the ones that had the prizes I thought I would be most likely to use. I didn't want to win something that would have been more important to someone else. I really didn't think I'd win anything by entering only 20 out of the 250...and considering how many others also entered those 20 giveaways, but.....much to my surprise, I did win on two of them! I won this really nice collection of books and a set of postcards about quilts that are in the Michigan State University quilt museum. This was from the Quilt Doctor blog.
I also got this very nice book from Janet K......and I am tearing my hair out looking for her blog name. (My email is acting up on my computer BIG TIME and many things are not accessible to me right now, including my exchange of emails with Janet that has her blog name in them!) This book has a lot of great applique for various seasons and holidays....all shown as table runners/toppers. I'm not so great on applique but I like several of these enough to give it a try. NOTE: Edited to add the name of Janet's blog ..... A Hug Delights.
And....on Christmas morning, I got these 3 books AND a nice Amazon gift certificate to order more books for my Kindle. I love to find ways to cut and make traditional quilt blocks using my GO! cutter, so the two quilt block books will be a terrific resource for me! You can see I have lots of fun hours of reading (and quilt-making) ahead of me over the long, cold months of January and February!



14 comments:
Congrats! on your lovely wins, Pat! & beautiful gifts. I am sure you will be in quilting heaven for a good while.
Happy New Year blessings ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon
Congratulations ,they look fabulous.Happy quilting and New Year!
Enjoy your books, Pat. What a nice variety!
You are really going to have some fun reading time there, Pat. Enjoy!
Wow! Two wins!! Congratulations. Enjoy your books. I love looking through them for inspiration :-)
Oh WOW! I love, love books -- especially tea and quilting books! You really 'done good'! Congrats! :)
Congratulations! Nice books. Love books!
I know you are enjoys those great "reads"... The GABBY book looks very interesting. She's one luck lady.
congrats to you on the wonderful gifts you won..I do so love entering contests and blog hopping.... :)
Wow Pat! You got some great books there. I got a Kindle Fire from Santa and just love it. Happy New Year!
I do love to read a good quilting book...enjoy, Pat!!
Congrats on your lovely wins, Pat!
Great books, They should keep you inspired all year 2012 long.
Julia ♥
Hi Pat, I am having trouble getting my comments to go through to you tonight for some reason. I have already written two and when I hit publish it says that it is unable to connect. If they went through, please feel free to delete one of them. :) Hope you are having a nice evening and thank you for your wonderful comments, it is always so nice to hear from you! Delisa :)
Congrats on your wonderful wins! I am sure you will enjoy all your lovely books.
Post a Comment