Friday, September 10, 2010

Fun times ahead.....

Isn't that a beautiful photo? How about this next one?

Both of these are photos I found online of fall foliage in years past along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We have always wanted to drive that route in the fall....and this year, we are finally going to do it! Another exciting part of the trip is that we are going to meet up with a good blogging friend, Tonya! Woo-Hoo!!!!! We are both very excited that we are getting to meet each other in person. I'm sure we will have some fun times together next month!

Speaking of Tonya...congrats to the two winners of the giveaway on her blog yesterday (a GO cutter for one of them and 3 dies for the other winner). Both of them are blogging pals of mine.......and I always say, if I don't win a giveaway, it's fun to KNOW those who do win it!

Oh, yes.....I did contact Kraft Foods and will post on my blog whenever I hear from them. (See yesterday's post on my blog if you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the foliage is beautiful!! It won't be too long until it really does look like that!

Gene Black said...

Hey, I just realized that we know someone who works for K R A F T.

I think you should come to Alabama too.

JayTee said...

I hope you are coming to the NC mountains in Oct...they are spectacular then.

Crispy said...

Oooo how pretty!! I was lucky once and flew up to New Hampshire in a small place to attend a meeting when the fall leaves were in their prime. A sight that will stay with me forever :0) How exciting to meet a fellow blogger!!

Crispy

quiltingnana said...

the parkway is beautiful ...saw it in the summer...bet fall will be awesome

Tangos Treasures said...

AWESOME!!! I wanna go too!!

luv2quilt2 said...

The Blue Ridge Parkway is not only a beautiful drive, but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time visiting Tonya.

hetty said...

That sounds like an awesome trip!

andsewon said...

Yes it is a beautiful drive through VA and into NC! I am jealous as I want to meet Tonya too and hug her neck! Also go to Maryjo's which is out that way too!
So when in Oct ya'll going..hummm got my half a brain to percolating!
L

Mary Anne Drury said...

I LOVE fall! We're gearing up for Fall Foliage tourist season here in Jim Thorpe, Pa .... usually a huge crowd for the 2 Fall Foliage weekends . Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Will you be going all the way to her or meeting up somewhere? Oh yes...soon the trees will be gorgeous! Usually mid to end October....I just love it.

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous pictures and it will be a great trip. It will be fun to meet up with Tonya too. Have a great time.

Rita said...

Have a great trip. I love to travel in the Fall.

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're going to love it! I'm most a peace when I'm in the mountains. Love it there. I'm green with envy that you get to meet Tonya too!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Beautiful photos, Pat. Would love to make that trip, too. Hopefully when my husband retires, we will do some traveling. He has a cousin in North Carolina so we could surely make a side trip to the Blue Ridge mountains. Just dreamin'. :-)

Unknown said...

speaking of kraft did you see that lady on the news, she got fired and went back into work and shot and killed two people. oopsie

Tonya, that's me! that's me! I can't wait......

Stephanie Hughes said...

Oh dear, reading Tonya's comment above. Have fun with Tonya! I am jealous. Steph

SewCalGal said...

What fun you and Tonya are going to have. Enjoy the drive and your visit!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really fun trip. Hope the colors are spectacular

Pat said...

The photos are just breathtaking and so beautiful. Just gorgeous. Mother nature is wonderful for sure.
Happy Quilting!

Val said...

Hey when are you going? We go there on business once a month! Wouldn't that be something? Beautiful.