It's over......summer (well, not really as it's not officially over for another couple of weeks) but it feels like it's over. The community pool closed yesterday (and I hadn't gone there for about two weeks due to some icky weather and also feeling pretty sick for the past 9 days). The night temps are noticeably cooler all of a sudden. And I am even seeing some leaves on trees start to lose their "green". The kids are back in school most everywhere as of today, too. Our little granddaughter, Jessi, starts 1st grade today...hope to have a couple of 1st day photos to post here in another day or two!

Yesterday, I did the rest of the week's typing (which I wasn't feeling well enough to do last week), so that was a relief to finish it. Then...I dug out two fall runners that I'd pieced together LAST fall. One of them is pictured above (simple squares set on point) and is now sandwiched, "pillowcased" (instead of a binding) and ready for hand-quilting. The other is below here (a Disappearing 9-Patch) and still needs to be sandwiched. I made these before I got my GO cutter and see that both of them can now be made a lot quicker with the GO! Maybe I'll do them in colors for another season of the year soon..having the GO cutter just might be motivation enough to do that!

TODAY my free die from AccuQuilt arrives (earned for doing a YouTube video tutorial with my GO cutter)! I chose the newly-released, small Drunkard's Path die. I have already played around with a design idea in EQ7......and once I get the fabric colors I want for that, I'll show the EQ design here. Can't wait to try out this new die!
32 comments:
Runners are pretty! Sorry you have been feeling sick :( hope you'll be feeling better in no time!!
Pat, even though it is still sometimes above 90F here, fall has arrived. We had a low of 48F one night. I actually got a bit chilly. Also on Sunday night we were at a friend's house and had a fire outside in the fire pit. They are way out from town so the stars were brilliant thanks to the lack of humidity in the sky. This is a summer I don't think I will be too sad to see go away.
your runners will look stunning on your table...
Pat the runners look good, definately your colors. Kids just got off to school bout 1/2 hr ago! Hip, hip hooray
The colors in these are perfect for fall, very pretty!
Very pretty fall pieces Pat :0) I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling so poorly and for so long too!! I hope you are all better now!
Crispy
We too have trees turning yellow along the woods edge. Also brown leaves falling off the maples in yard as so dry still.
Mornings are in 50's love it!!
I love Fall. Your runners are so very Fallish!! Yes I think you will be Going Crazy withe new seasonal runners for sure!
Hugs,
Lola
Fall is still a long way away here but I'm glad someone is getting cooler temperatures. I keep reminding myself that our winters are wonderful!
I love the fall colors in your runners. Orange and browns are some of my favorite colors.
Glad you are feeling better.
Love both table runners. I think the first one is my favorite of the two. I like how the blocks are set on point with the pointed ends. Makes it look more complicated even though we know it isn't.
School started a couple weeks ago here. We are starting our homeschool classes today though.
We're still hot here but we know that the cooler weather will be here soon. Here in Florida we all come to life when Fall hits. We hibernate in the Summer and come alive in the Winter lol.
Pat, glad to hear you are feeling better. Lovely fall table runners. Have fun playing with your new die. Winona
I love it, Pat. you are rocking the Go! cutter...
I'm digging the cooler temps. That means my favorite season is coming soon!~
Come on FALL!! I'm waiting and I see Pat's house is getting ready...
I think I'd love the new Winding Ways GO die....eventually.
LOL! I've had *enough* of summer--I'm ready for fall!! Love your table runner. Have fun with the GO! :)
I love those fall runners. I'm loving the cooler temps. I just wonder if we'll have a few more HOT days? I'm hoping not.
How exciting to see big brown truck today!! It doesn't feel as though summer is leaving with exception of the cooler crisp mornings.
just checking to see if I've fixed it....
It's definitely cooler here and rainy.....compliments of another storm.
Those table runners are reall nice, Pat. Hoope you get feeling better.
Happy Quilting!
The days are getting so much shorter too. I hate to see summer gone - especially since we really didn't have one.
I can't wait to see how your Drunkard's Path goes.
I hope you feel 100% better very soon. Love your cute table runners!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Hope you are feeling better soon!
I love your Fall table runners!
Good luck to Jessi at school!
Looking forward seing your new die!
Pat the runners look good,great fall colours..
Hope your feeling better soon.
Yeah, I'm 'feeling' the fall colors too! Lucky you, already half done runners ready for the first fall moments!!!
I love table runners...I still resolve to make some for the different seasons someday....my someday list is getting huge and huger.....
I love the fall table runners, they are so adorable.
waving hello Pat! someone sent me a link to see your table runners.. cute cute!
love the new photo at the top of your blog. The table runners are gorgeous, all my favorite fall colors.
love the new photo at the top of your blog. The table runners are gorgeous, all my favorite fall colors.
Pat, I so love those colors on that runner. IT reminds me that I need to make some fall things. Love it.
Hope you are finally feeling like your old self... !
I am so happy Fall is finally here. Love the cooler temps and crisp nights. ahhhh
Your runners are so pretty!
SheilaC
Post a Comment