Saturday, September 4, 2010

Earl didn't come calling....

Earl really didn't come calling here...and that is fine by me. We had a tiny (stressing the word TINY) bit of rain and not anything I would actually call wind of any greater velocity than we get here on a regular basis (living in the area between the bay and the ocean). So...we were very lucky and I thank all of you for your caring thoughts about our safety and well-being.

Okay...something "quilty" now. I finally got my Eleanor Burns' sampler quilt finished now (started a couple of years ago). I wish I could get a close-up that shows you the beautiful quilting my friend, Jackie, did on her long-arm. She did custom quilting with a different look to each section of the quilt. The first photo is me holding it and the second photo is the quilt on the wall being held in place by the Amish quilt holder I bought in Lancaster, PA. I love that holder!!! I think if you click on the photos, you might be able to see some of the detail. (Don't notice any of the points that are missing, though, as this was done mostly in my beginning days of quilting!)

28 comments:

Greg said...

I'm glad Earl didn't have the right number when he called.. I hope he gets disconnected soon! Nice quilt. 2 years ago? Better now than never to finish it. Your friend did an excellent quilting job on it. Have a great weekend my friend.

Tangos Treasures said...

So glad Earl missed you too!!
Love the sampler!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...and especially so when realizing it was done by a beginning quilter!

Crispy said...

You did a wonderful job on this quilt Pat!! I sure would hate to see my first few LOL.

Crispy

Gene Black said...

Thank goodness Ugly Earl didn't come a knockin'

nice sampler!

Unknown said...

love the sampler....and thankfully Earl kept his distance

quiltingnana said...

great job as usual

luv2quilt2 said...

I'm so glad to hear that Earl didn't hit. Your little quilt looks great, first or not.

Anonymous said...

Glad Earl didn't come calling! Your quilt is simple and wonderful!

The Other Barb said...

like the sampler quilt. We only got heavy clouds from Earl and maybe a drop or two of rain.

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

I hope no other uninvited guests (like earl) find you either :)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I was happy to hear that Earl was downgraded and further off the coast. I've been through a few big (and little) hurricanes and they are no fun.

Your quilt looks great! I bet it feels good to have it done. Now, on to the next project :)

Kaye said...

its amazing how different they look when done in different colors.

Needled Mom said...

Glad to hear that Earl didn't knock on the door as he passed through.

Love your sampler!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Love the quilt, Pat! It would look great in my family room. :-) Glad Earl decided to pass you by. :-)

Denise :) said...

Glad you were Earl-free!! :)

Barb said...

REally nice.

Rhonda said...

So happy that Earl didn't get to you.
Your quilt is wonderful.....love the colors.

SewCalGal said...

Very good news about Earl. Love your sampler quilt.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Wow! Pat, I love it. That is beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Quilting!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I have an Eleanor Burns quilt to finish up too. I hope I can get it done as nicely as yours! Glad to hear you got nothing more than rain.

Dana Gaffney said...

Glad you're safe Pat, Earl gave us beautiful weather, we love when those hurricanes go right by. That quilt is wonderful, I really like that heart.

hetty said...

Lovely quilt! Glad Earl didn't find you.

Beth said...

Your quilt is really pretty. Like the hanger too.
Glad Earl didn't visit!

Joanna said...

That Eleanor Burns design is one of my favorites. I have the book it is in, and refer to it often. Your version is beautiful.

SheilaC said...

I do love that quilt holder!! Must be so easy to switch quilts out for a change of season or holiday. (I use the hang-ups for many of mine)

And you quilt is SO pretty!! You must must be so pleased it is done. :)

SheilaC

Linda said...

glad that earl didn't drop by too..
cute sampler. better late than never.

limpingalong said...

So glad you got a miss -- we are getting rain as a result of the storm that is headed toward Mexico and south Texas -- we needed the rain, just hope that they don't get flooding down there. It isn't a hurricane, yet.