
Want to have some fun AND get rid of some of your "WHY DID I BUY THAT?" fabric??? Click HERE to get info on joining the Brown Bag Ugly Fabric contest at the Stash Manicure blog. I'm joining and will look forward to getting someone else's "ugly" fabric and turning it into something that I will KEEP (that's how the adventure goes!!!) We have until March to finish and there will be some great prizes for some lucky participants. I'll put this button and the link on my sidebar, too, so it can be easily found for awhile. Deadline for entry is Sept. 1. You know I will use my GO to cut this ugly fabric easily so it can be made into something that is NOT ugly!!!
22 comments:
I saw the post about this yesterday and am thinking about joining in but I have so many projects already! It should be fun though.
sounds interesting and a deadline of April sounds even better, but honestly, i don't know if I have any ugly fabric.....lol
I take it back, I found 8 striped ugly fat quarters. haha Did they let you know how big it has to be?
I spotted the post too and have thought about it but seriously with all else that is already on the list (and I'm sure a few other things added) I've decided to pass. It will be fun to see this one though!
Hmmm...interesting. But is there really such a thing as UGLY fabric? Can't it all be turned into something beautiful?
My friend Angie told me that if I don't like a particular fabric, I haven't cut it into a small-enough piece... LOL!
What a wonderful idea!
I think it would be fun. Love the fabric in the button-just made a black, white and red king size quilt with zebra fabric. Will post pics later today!
I just went and checked out the Brown bag quilt-the deadline is March 1- April 1 is when they give the prizes!
Oh, no, another project that would be fun to do, but seriously, ...... I have oodles of my own projects that lie undone and I still have to finish my posy needlecase for Quilting Galleries swap and then Mary Grace mentioned a Halloween tote swap at Aunt Pitty Pat's and......I don't think I should go for the Brown Bag. Even though a deadline of April is tempting, I think I'll have to pass on this one. :-)
Sounds like fun! I wish I had time!
I read about this with interest knowing exactly which fabric I'd use (we all have an ugly one, right?). But when I read that I'd need to make a quilt with 90% of the two yards received, I had second thoughts. I've been making mostly smaller projects lately, so I' think I'll just look forward to seeing the larger quilts the rest of you make. It will be very interesting (and probably not ugly at all), keep us posted, Pat!
Thanks for joing us Pat! It will be a lot of fun! Thanks also for posting about it. You are now in for the draw on my "Cutie Pinwheel Giveaway". Good Luck!
Sounds like fun Pat...I may join in!
Micki
I have joined also! This is going to be fun!
hummm going to have to go check it out!
I don't own any ugly fabric...(haha!!)
Might play on this one...
That sounds like so much fun!! Love the concept...if I donate...do I have to receive, LOL!!
I have some ugly fabric, but I would be ASHAMED to send it to anyone and expect them to use it.
Am I allowed to join in, I am sure I must have some ugly stuff in my stash.
Might have to join Pat!
I've joined. I know just what fabric will go into that bag. Thanks for the information.
it will be fun to see what people get and what they do with it....
Post a Comment