Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a GREAT day it was!!!!

Yesterday was a really great day. If you read my blog post yesterday morning, you know I was going to meet Michelle (click HERE for her blog). I did and we were so chatty and comfortable and at ease with each other. I felt as if I'd known her for REAL for a long time (instead of just knowing her by way of our blogs for just about 2 years now). We had some laughs and talked about a lot of things....not just quilting. She is the wife of a career Air Force man (God bless those troops!!!) and I am the wife of someone who was in the Air Force many, MANY years ago. Both of our hubbies have been sent to foreign shores and conflicts that caused us both to have many days and nights of worry....and that is a bond that can only be understood by those who have experienced it. That...added to our common interests in quilting and scrapbooking and other crafts as well as sharing stories about family and about less-than-nice sewing machine dealers caused us to sit and talk for over 2 1/2 hours!!! (No....we were NOT eating all that time....thank goodness, huh??) We will definitely be getting together as often as possible. We know she will probably only be in this neck of the woods for 2 years, so we'll make the most of the time we can spend with each other. Here is a photo the waitress took of the two of us. Yesterday also had something else good happen for me. You all know I won a GO! cutter a couple of months back on AccuQuilt's Facebook page and I absolutely love that cutter. Recently, I was asked by them to have a giveaway for a cutter on my blog and that finished on Sunday. For doing that, AccuQuilt let me have 3 more dies for my cutter. A little over a week ago, they asked if any of us would make videos to show any tips we had for the cutter. I had an idea, but I was sitting on it for several days as I do NOT like to be in pictures or videos. However....I also feel very grateful to AccuQuilt for what I have gotten from them and for the fact that they have developed a product that is a wonderful addition to any quilter's sewing room. SO....I gave myself a good talking to...and I said, "SELF.....you get beyond your nervousness and make that darned video and show AccuQuilt how much you appreciate that cutter!" Yesterday hubby was the cameraman and video editor and we got the video done and put online. I still cringe when I watch myself, but it's gotten some positive feedback, so I guess I did okay with it. And now...it's done....and I'm glad. Whew! If you have a GO cutter or are fascinated by them and want to see the video, click HERE for the link. If you don't want to see it, that's fine, too!!! Be forewarned.....if your computer is slow, it will take a bit of time to download (which it does on mine). Today will be another good day, too, as a very close friend is arriving for a 5 day visit and she's not been here now for a few years! I won't be online as much while she is here, but I know she and I will have a lot of fun.

31 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Great picture!! I loved the video!! Good job!

Unknown said...

Pat, what a wonderful day with a new friend. Your video rocks!! You and your hubby did a fantastic job.

Gene Black said...

Pat, I am so glad you and Michelle had such a great day. The video is excellent. I learned some new stuff. You are just a natural teacher.

darcysmom said...

I didn't think you were nervous at all. Even I learn alot and I don't sew anything!

Good job. And what a lovely day with you blooger friend.

Denise :) said...

Yay, Pat! I'm glad you had such a great day! :)

Judy D in WA said...

You and Michelle look so cute! How much fun you must of had!!! Your video is fabulous, you did a great job and makes me want a GO! even more.

Crispy said...

How fun to make such a good connection with someone new. I see lots of lovely time spent with a new in-person friend :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Pat, I think your medical transcription days may be over. If Accuquilt is smart, they will hire you. I love that you did this in a way that all of us can relate -- on your kitchen table!

hetty said...

Glad you had such a nice day. Your video is great! I learned a lot.

The Other Barb said...

just finished watching your video. Very good job. makes me think that some day I might like a Go Cutter.

Glad you had a nice time with Michelle.

GerryART said...

You did good, Pat!

Now that you've starred in your first video, your hubby and you can begin an entirely new venture with how-to-GO videos.

Hugs & ♥♥♥s,
Gerry

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like it was a great day and you will be busy with company. I am off to check out your video.

Michelle said...

Awww...you are sweet Pat! I'm looking forward to getting together again. Soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a slow connection, but I bet the video is awesome. I'm so happy you two just felt like old friends.... blog buddies are the bestest!

Greg said...

How cool to meet a blogging friend. We all expect updates! Congrats on the video, I watched it and when I win my GO! I'll be putting your suggestions to use.

Anonymous said...

Pat..you are a wonderful spokesperson for GO! I watched your video and enjoyed! It looked professional!! And...this is the first time I saw the GO with dies in action!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

What a great day I'm so looking forward to our day together. I went and watched the video..WAY TO GO (no pun intended) GIRL. It was terrific!

Pat

Nicki Lundeen said...

Thanks for the video - you did a great job, and you have no reason to be nervous. Hope you will do more videos in the future!

Barb said...

That is great on both accounts. I was going to watch the video but time didn't permit..or well....everyone kept writing messages to me on facebook, was talking to two people and one sister on messenger...try keeping that straight....but maybe when things settle down, I will go and watch it.

julieQ said...

I am glad you had a good time...hey Pat...write me back, I need to chat!!!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

What a nice day you girls had...Next time I will drive down and meet you two :)

I watched your video too, you did a great job!!!
Hey..did they give you a 5 inch tumbler die? We NEED one :)
Peggy

Unknown said...

the video was great and so glad you and Michelle had a great time

Winona said...

Good job on the video! Glad you had a good visit with your friend. Have a great day. Winona

Julia said...

Pat, what a wonderful day with a new friend. Great video Pat.
Julia ♥

Gari in AL said...

GREAT VIDEO!! It is fun to see the people we feel we already know and you did such a great job teaching how to use your GO.

Rhonda said...

Great picture of you and Michelle. And thanks for the link to the video!!!

Rhonda said...

You're a star with your "GO"...loved the video!!! Great job!

Qubie said...

Great Video. You are a true star Pat.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your video turned out great! I haven't played too much with my Go! yet. I need to get a bit more familiar with all my dies so that I can make a video too :)

It's wonderful that Accuquilt gave you 3 more dies for hosting the give away.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You're a movie star! I think the teacher in you got up and gave a great demonstration.

Val said...

Oh I just love the video! You sold me!