Tuesday, August 3, 2010

An exciting day today....

I am very excited as today I will be meeting another blogger. (I met Cecelia for lunch a couple of weeks back when she was in my area visiting her sister, as you probably remember.) Anyway, today I am meeting Michelle. (Click HERE for her blog.) Her hubby has been assigned to Dover AFB and they arrived a few days back. She and I had known each other for awhile on blogs.....since at least before her son went away to the University of Delaware where he'll be a junior this year. When she emailed me several months back and told me they were being sent to Dover this summer, I was VERY happy. She was happy, too, since it meant they would be a lot closer to their son's college than they were when they were out in Idaho! Now the big day for Michelle and I has come.....and we will be meeting at 11:30 this a.m. and will have lunch together. I am really looking forward to it. I will take my camera and hope we can get a waiter or waitress to take a picture of us during lunch!
Now....do you like that picture above? Isn't the quilting WONDERFUL? It was done by Mary who has a blog called Quilt Hollow. Some of you know her, I'm sure. She is entered in a Schnibbles' contest. People are voting for the Schnibbles' quilt they like best. There are prizes for the winners who MADE the quilts, but there are also prizes for the voters...so why don't you go vote and maybe win a prize? Click HERE to look at the quilts and then pick your favorite and vote on it. The contest is open for a few more days. All the quilts are nice, but if you have trouble picking a favorite, might I suggest Mary's (shown above)??? It is #11......My Sweet Addiction. Of course, if you like another one better, that's okay, too......because, as Mary says, the important thing is for everyone to have fun seeing the quilts and hoping to win a prize simply because they took the time to vote for one of them.

26 comments:

Barb said...

Have a fun time.....it is so amazing how small the world is through blogging.

Crispy said...

Oh how fun!! I look forward to seeing a picture or two :0)

Crispy

Tangos Treasures said...

How exciting!! I know y'all will have a great time!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Have a great lunch with your blogging buddy. What a looong move she is making.

I left Mary a vote!

Gene Black said...

Thanks for the heads up. I went and voted.

Have a great time with Michelle today.

Unknown said...

how awesome to get to meet another blogging friend, hopefully; i'll get to meet one in early 2011, my fingers and toes are crossed

The Other Barb said...

enjoy your lunch with Michelle.

Rachel said...

Mary's quilt is gorgeous!

Have fun on your bloggy lunch date :)

Denise :) said...

Mary's quilt was my favorite! Have fun on your bloggy outing! :)

paront1222@comcast.net said...

YAY for lunch with Michelle...I'm jealous!!! Gee, could I get dressed quickly enough and get on the road? LOL
Peg

sewfunquilts said...

Have a great visit with Michelle. It is wonderful to meet blogging friends in person.

luv2quilt2 said...

Have a great visit. I wish I could be there with you!

Needled Mom said...

I just loved the fabric that Mary used on her Schnibbles.

Have fun meeting a fello blogger today. I can't wait to read all about it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't blog life wonderful? I'm so excited you get to see a new old friend... Squee!

Quilting Lab said...

Pat sounds like fun...looking forward to seeing/hearing about your date!!!

Rhonda said...

Isn't it exciting to meet your blogger friends!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Have fun today, Pat!! I voted for Mary's quilt. They were all lovely but I liked Mary's best because she chose colors that I would choose!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day and Pat, thank you for helping to spread the word. Isn't it wonderful to know if you vote you can possible win too?! I think Kelly had a great idea with that one.

Nanette Merrill said...

You've got your own little clic of quilting bloggers going. Good for you. This quilt of Mary's is lovely. Someday I want to be able to quilt like that.

Winona said...

Have fun Pat. I have already voted. I will just say that I fell in love with Mary's quilting. (grin) Winona

Anonymous said...

How neat that you will meet with Michelle! She's on my favorite blog list, always has been. Looking forward to that photo!

ooglebloops said...

Hope you had a great lunch!!!

Robin said...

Hey Pat!! Michelle and Peg sent me over to your blog :) Beautiful quilt AND beautiful quilting!! Glad you and Michelle had a chance to meet today! It's just awesome that she's on this coast now and close enough to visit!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I'm so glad you got to meet a blogging friend. I personally will enjoy it when WE meet. I'm sure we will someday.

Pat

limpingalong said...

What fun!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful time and I cant wait to see the pictures!!!!