By the time this posts, daughter and her family will be back home in NJ and hubby and I will be back to our regular routine. I do love seeing the kids and grands, but it is also nice, after they are here for several days, to get settled back into some peace and quiet. (Do some of you know that feeling??) Visits like this help me to understand why young folks have kids....because I sure couldn't be having young kids and keeping up with them at MY age. LOL Over the next few days, I'll be posting some assorted photos from their visit but first I want to post a photo of something I got in the mail a few days back that is spectacular and very special. It came from Melissa. Her blog is called Mel's Own Place.

The above photo shows the contents of the package....a nice note, a cute pincushion, a cute little needle case, some always-useful buttons, a magnet, and a cute pin. See that folded-up item? I bet you are wondering that that is....well...it is THIS.....

Can you believe she made me this absolutely wonderful quilted piece? It can be a table topper or I can use it, as shown, on my wall in the living room. I think it looks terrific there and the colors suit me so well. She even hand-quilted this. Click on it to see it enlarged...it is beautiful! This package from her was a PIF gift. She felt bad that it took her awhile, but.......that's okay because receiving her gift served to remind me that I still owe 4 PIF's and need to find the list of WHO those 4 people are. (If you are one of those 4 and are reading this, I will try to take care of this soon. Sorry I've been so delinquent about it!) Mel.....thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is obvious that there is a lot of love sewn into this gift and I truly appreciate it. (Click
HERE if you want to check out Mel's blog....but only after you leave a comment here, of course, on the beautiful gift she sent me!!!) NOTE: someone has asked what PIF means...it means Pay It Forward...where one person agrees to make gifts for others who will, in turn make gifts for others and on and on it goes!
28 comments:
that is so pretty, lucky you Pat! I love those colors as well.
Pat the PIF gift from Mel is lovely. The fact that she hand quilted it makes it even more special.
Have a lovely day!
Love the PIF wall hanging!
I hope you get a day to rest!
WOW wonderful gift!!! You are one lucky lady.
Crispy
That wall hanging is a keeper... so cute! I have two PIFs to do. I really need to get onto that.
Lovely gifts, and of course, especially the quilt. Much care and time went into it!
PS: I know *exactly* what you mean. We all love our grand-kiddies to pieces, but after they are gone I'm always very tired and eager to return to my own lifestyle. After decades of raising our family, I tell myself I've earned it. ;) I often hear the same thing from other grandparents.
Lovely!! What is "PIF"?
Homemade is always from the heart and felt in the heart.
Beautiful.
What a beautiful and generous gift! I wasn't home to follow your visit with your granddaughter, but I'm sure you had a great time.
Lovely PIF gift, you lucky lady!
How lovely, Pat. She is a great blogger too.
It is always nice to be back to the normal routines. I chuckled at your remark because a few years ago a local woman (56) gave birth to twins (in vitro) because her 35 year old husband wanted children. At the time I thought she had to be crazy!!!!
Wow that wall hanging is beautiful! Lucky you!
Glad you had fun with your DD, hubby & grands!
The wall hanging looks perfect just where it is! How wonderful!!
my only comment is WOW
Wow, that is some PIF gift!! Mel does beautiful work and this is awesome! You are one lucky quilty gal! I have a PIF to post about but need to figure out what I will "pay forward" before I do. :-)
Pat that is one beautiful quilt. Lucky you. Its perfect right where you have it, that wall was made for quilts
So glad you like the package Pat!! I enjoyed making it all for you - I miss not having it to work on!
Pat, I know exactly what you mean. I love having the kids and grands come to visit, but I am exhausted when they leave. LOL What a beautiful wall quilt! Melissa did a great job on it. Winona
I love your PIFs! The wall hanging is wonderful! Love the colors and perfect for Fall. I did the PIFs last year and so much fun coming up with different ideas for everyone.
I REALLY understand your comments about loving your grandchildren, but being glad when they leave. My family has been here three weeks and have only 4 more days with me. I'll miss them, but I will truly appreciate the silence after they are gone!
The quilt you received is wonderful! All those different colors and shapes. I can't imagine making one like that, especially hand quilting it.
That is a wonderful quilt. I love the colors and the design.
How fun! PIF is such a great idea! I try to do a little of that in every aspect of my life -- I've got so much to be grateful for!
Enjoy your fun things; Mel did a beautiful job! :)
WoW! what a special gift! So pretty.
That is such a beautiful wall hanging Mel did for you, my dear, and to hand quilt it also. Great!
Happy Quilting!
Lovely wall hanging. Oh YES I know what you mean about the grandkids. LOVE to see them then so appreciate the free time once they had departed... but then I miss them!
wow Pat, that is beautiful!!
Mel is awesome! Enjoy your lovely gifts from her Pat!
Post a Comment