Monday, August 30, 2010

REBA concert......

Saturday night we went to the Reba concert. This is what it looked like from our seats. Not too bad for the $25 we paid when a special was run on tickets for a couple of hours one night last week. I sat in the higher-priced seats that you can see down there when I saw Toby Keith, but...they are all on the same level and when people in front of you stand, you need to do that, too...or you can only see on the big screens...and that seems silly, to me, when you are paying the highest ticket price, so I prefer being a bit further away and being able to sit comfortably throughout the show.

While the seats were just fine for me, they were too far, though, to get any really good pictures as my camera doesn't have a really good zoom on it. This is about the best we could get with my zoom.....
We were very happy, though, to hear the music and enjoy Reba's fun personality and we could see well on the jumbo-tron screen to see her "up-close". As an "opening act" she had the gal who played Barbara Jean on the Reba TV show (which I never watched, but many at the concert seemed to know her well). Her name is Melissa Peterman and she was quite funny. Reba's musicians and vocalists in her group are exceptionally talented, and it was a joy to see how well they worked together!

On the quilting front, I have nearly finished the binding on a quilt that has been a few years in the making...worked on it a bit last week when I couldn't do much sewing with the family here. I will show it in my next post, I'm sure. I am going to cut out some sashing strips with my GO cutter today and try to get the jelly roll quilt-along blocks turned into a quilt. Since I don't really like my blocks, it's proving to be difficult to proceed with the quilt, but......I don't want to let them sit in a drawer forever, so...I'll plod ahead on the project!!! LOL

I also made more pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer. I think I will also make holiday pillowcases for my granddaughters for Christmas as they enjoyed seeing the ones I made so far.

Today my husband and I are meeting Stephanie (click HERE for her blog) and her husband for lunch...should be fun! (Steph and I have met already but our husbands are meeting for the first time today.)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, i had a dream i was in a pillow making class and i really think i can make one now from that dream.........glad you enjoyed Reba, have a great lunch today

Jackie's Stitches said...

Did your husband enjoy the concert too? I remember you saying that he didn't know who she was.

Gene Black said...

Glad you enjoyed the Reba show. She usually gets excellent people to be in her band. Did she and Linda Davis sing any duets? (is Linda still in the band?)

Tell Steph I said hello!

Anonymous said...

It has been years since I've been to a concert...I generally don't care for the large crowds I guess. Funny though...I can scour a quilt show with no problem! Hee
Enjoy the day..sounds fun!!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember when the Reba was on- probably in my working days- but I do watch the reruns- she sure does have a lot of energy- glad you had a good time! Sandy

luv2quilt2 said...

Sounds like you had a good time at the concernt. I haven't been to one in years.

Denise :) said...

Concert sounds like fun -- I bet Toby Keith's concert was a blast, too! Have a good time on your lunch outing today -- hopefully your hubbies will play nicely! LOL! :)

Barb said...

Glad you had a good time. I do like Reba (although I'm the only one in my family that does). I do prefer smaller venues though. Saw Bonnie Raitt a couple of years back and we were pretty close. She was awesome.

Judy D in WA said...

I thought of you Sat night when I saw Reba on GAC. :) Glad you enjoyed yourself. I saw a comedy special that Melissa Peterman did. She is hilarious! And I loved her on the Reba show. Worth watching just for her.
Have fun at lunch and with your GO! cutter today. Sounds like a perfect day.

Crispy said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time. Enjoy your get together today. It's hard to introduce Bob to my friends hubbys because he is very shy with new people. Good thing I talk enough for two LOL.

Crispy

Tangos Treasures said...

Yippie so glad you had a great time!!
Most concerts don't let you have cameras?? You got lucky!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Meeting Stephanie for lunch sounds like fun. Don't you wish that those bloggers we enjoy could meet just once for lunch? Sure would be fun!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful concert. I love her energy.

Have a wonderful lunch "meeting" with Stephanie.

Pat said...

It's great that you were able to go
to one of her concerts.
Happy Quilting!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at lunch, and would love to see your ConKerr pillowcases if you have a photo!

Beth said...

Glad you had a good time at the concert. We watched the REBA show and enjoyed her and 'Barbara Jean'.

Enjoy your lunch.

Winona said...

Glad you enjoyed Reba's concert. I was a big fan of her show. I always enjoyed Barbara Jean. She and Reba made a good team. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Winona

Zlaty said...

Sounds like fun! I am happy for you!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

My Hubby is very jealous that you were able to see Reba in concert. He has had a crush on her for as long as he can remember. Especially when she had her hair really long. I thought he was going to have heart failure when she cut it.

I love making pillowcases for the kids/grandkids. I think holiday ones would be fun for the girls. Also birthday pillowcases that they can use all month are usually a big hit.