
I have gotten a few fun gifts lately and am going to show them to you. One is from Steph (click on her name for her blog). She was going to the AQS show in Paducah. She'd not been to a big quilt show and I made a few suggestions to her that she found helpful. Because of that, she was nice enough to get me this Paducah shirt! Wasn't that nice of her? I love it and now can pretend I was at that show, too. LOL The card you see in the picture is a design done by quilt artist, Lyric Kinard. Stephanie was lucky enough to take an art quilt class with Lyric and enjoyed it very much. (Sorry I didn't do such a great job with the lighting when taking this photo.)

Next you can see two very nice books. They were given to me by a gal in my handbell choir (not a quilter and no blog). She is the gal for whom I did a favor last year by piecing together some old family-made blocks into a quilt top. I blogged about those blocks HERE and her completed top HERE. She gave me a gift at that time, but she was at a museum shop book sale recently and got me the book called Making Antique Quilts, which is a lovely book. Then...a few days later, she was at a used book sale and picked up the other book for me. She is a sweetheart to think of me like that and I will certainly enjoy these books.
22 comments:
Wow nice gifts!!
You will look great in the pink Paducah shirt.
now we will get to see you making antique quilts too,right?
How thoughtful of them! I love the Paducah shirt, it is my favorite color!
What wonderful gifties you received!! Some day I'm going to Paducah, I hope :0)
Crispy
What nice friends...you are surely blessed!
what great friends you have....
Very nice, Pat. I have the American Patchwork and Quilting book too. It's lovely!
You are so lucky to have such thoughtful friends.
Wow don't you love friends like that? I LOVE the Paducah shirt. I'd have bought one too if I had been there!
Love your friends!!
Great gifts. I have that APQ book too. The other book look very interesting too. Enjoy your gifts and your friends
YOu certainly got alot of fun gifts!!
I love that American Patchwork & Quilting book. I bought my copy years ago and then when my mom downsized her stash and books, there was her copy. :-) I passed it on to my good friend, Sue, who came to sit with me when my mom was in the hospital. :-) I'm going to be on the lookout for the Making Antique Quilts book. I found one called Scrap Quilts at the Thrift Shop the other day. Always on the lookout for good books to add to my "collection". You are right....your friend was a sweetheart to get the books for you when she is neither quilter or blogger. :-)
Great gifties Pat...Thanks for showing them.
That's such a nice thought for your friend to send you something like that. Happy Quilting!
What fun gifts and great friends! I, too, have received 2 Paducah t-shirts, and have not yet been myself... Someday for sure! Crispy, let's go! :)
You have great friends!
A sweet lady receives sweet gifts!!
very nice gifts for a very nice lady...happy mother's day pat
Both of those books are really cool. I have the one on the left.
Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day...
Isn't that shirt a gorgeous color! I have both of the books, lovely projects in there. Hope you are doing great, Pat!
it is always fun to get things you arent expecting at all! I love the t shirt.....
Post a Comment