Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This fabric has turned into........

Do you remember those fabrics? It's the 4 fat quarters I got (randomly) in the guild's "brown bag" challenge. The challenge was for me to make something for the lady who put these 4 fat quarters in a brown bag. (We are permitted to add other fabric but must use at least some of what is provided.) They are not due until the end of July, but I don't really know this lady and wanted to get a jump on the project. She put a note in the bag that her house is decorated "country". She said she would like anything I made. Photos are below.I used a pattern from a book I have which I believe is called "Patriotic Little Quilts" and made her this wall-hanging. I added the gold fabric. While it is machine-pieced, it is all hand-quilted and if you could see it in person, you'd know the quilting really gives it a great texture! If I can get some decent close-ups that show the quilting details outside one day, I'll post them on the blog.I even made her an "interesting" backing AND sleeve using her fabrics (and one other that I added since I didn't have enough of hers to do the whole back and sleeve). I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and I hope she likes it, too.

43 comments:

BROOKE said...

I think it's cute and that she'll really like it.

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow that did turn out cute!!

hetty said...

I'm sure she will love it. The back looks great too.

Dawn said...

Very cute, and What a fun idea for a guild challenge!

Tudy said...

What a nice job you did.

Jocelyn said...

Very nicely done Pat. I know she will love it.

andsewon said...

Very nice Pat! You picked a great pattern. I am sure she will love it.
Lola

Crispy said...

She's going to love it Pat!! I hope you can get a close up of the quilting, I would love to see how you quilted this piece :0)

Crispy

Gene Black said...

Pat, that is adorable. I can see the texture a little bit. I can see that you did the quilting in diagonal lines making diamonds.

Nancy said...

What a great little quilt. You picked perfect...

Kathleen said...

Nice job. I like the way you made stripes of the heart fabric.

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello,
You did so good,I love it.. So cute and I know she will love it too.
Maggey

luv2quilt2 said...

What a pretty little wall hanging! I'm sure your partner will love it.

Rhonda said...

Okay Pat, this little quilt is too cute. You are so talented!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous use of the fabrics!!!

Unknown said...

oh la la, love it......great job

Yvette said...

She is going to love it!

Karen said...

Now that is being very creative! You did a great job going from the unknown into a finished project you can be proud of.

Barb said...

Oh wow.....what a great job!!!

Kaye said...

You have to mail the picture of the back to Gyleen. Excellent job. If you happen to see something for me give a holler

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

It's fabulous!! This turned out really great and I know your brown bag partner will love it. You are right to be happy with how it turned out!

Needled Mom said...

I love the back as much as the front too. It will be loved.

Nanette Merrill said...

I really love the gold in this project. You've done a great job with the brown bag. I am impressed.

quiltingnana said...

great as usual

katieD said...

it's beautiful and she will be thrilled you took time to handquilt it! That makes it so special.

Beth said...

Where to begin... I love the way you used the hearts in the flags. The gold really popped the colors.
I clicked on the photo and I could see the lovely hand quilting in the enlargement. Great job. Wish that little quilt was coming to my house.:)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is very, very cute Pat. I love how you integrated all of the fabrics into the wall hanging and it looks like they were all chosen for that project!

Sara said...

Pat, that turned out lovely. I know she will like it...

You did a great job with those fabrics...

Julia said...

Nice job. I like the way you made stripes of the heart fabric.
Beautifully done!
Julia ♥

Pat said...

That is just beautiful, Pat. Very nice job. Happy Quilting!

Joyful Quilter said...

What a cute quilt! The gold just makes the flags pop.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I know she'll love it. You did a great job!

Dawn said...

It did turn out very nice, Pat! I love it!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

That is amazing....I love what you did with those fabrics...I can't imagine anything better. The gold adds a nice sparkle. GOOD JOB and fast too!!

Roslyn said...

Turned 0ut really cute, Pat.

Joanna said...

I can't see why she wouldn't like it. It is beautiful. I like the gold outlining the flags. It really sets them off nicely.

Rita Martine said...

That is very nice... the receiver is going to love it, how could she not!? And hand-quilted to boot, it does't get any better than that! Oh my yes, I just enlarged it and saw more detail. She's one lucky gal.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Simply marvelous, my friend. What a wonder you are. She is going to love it, and Country it is, in more ways than one. Can I send you 4 fat quarters?:)

Micki said...

I love the quilt Pat...I can see the machine quilting, and it really makes it. The backing is out of this world. Well done!
Micki

Pat said...

Pat, that turned out really nice. Good work, my dear. Happy Quilting!

Unknown said...

I adore this, it is the perfect use of the fabric and I remember you talking about what the recipient likes as far as styles....She is going to be thrilled!

Nima said...

wow...that looks fantastic...great fabric choice...

Mel said...

LOVE it!! GREAT and imaginative!!