Saturday, November 26, 2011

YAY!!! Socks.........but not made by me!!!

You might recall a few weeks back I blogged about a nice book with crocheted sock patterns....a nice book but I wasn't having luck with it.  SO...I put out an S.O.S. on my blog and my blogging buddy, Margi (click HERE for her blog...she is one very talented gal), responded and kindly offered to take my yarn and my book and make me a pair of socks.  She is a fabulous knitter but she had been wanting to try crocheted socks, so this gave her that chance...and, in true Margi fashion, she was rose to the challenge!!!  She has emailed me a photo of the finished socks and they are TERRIFIC!!!  See???  She will be mailing them to me soon.  Thanks, Margi...you are a real pal to do this.  The sock yarn would have gathered dust here as would the book if you'd not come to my rescue!!!  Gotta love blogging and the friends you make along the way!!!

21 comments:

Pokey said...

Yea for good friends! I like the sound of crocheted socks...
:-}pokey

Denise :) said...

Wow -- these are quite darling, too! She did a great job. Your toes will be warm and toasty! :)

Jocelyn said...

Wow these socks look GREAT!! What a wonderful friend.

andsewon said...

Lovely socks. Nice friend. I no longer know anyone who knits or crochets either. All passed away. Used to love the feel of the handmade socks!Enjoy!

Margi said...

You are more than welcome Pat, this is one of my favorite patterns as well! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Pat, your foot warmers are lovely, sweet friend who is very creative.

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon.

Barb said...

Really eye-catching socks! I wish I could knit something besides dis rags. LOL

Rhonda said...

Pat, those socks look so very warm and just in time for this cold weather!!

luv2quilt2 said...

Beautiful socks. What a great friend to make them for you.

Winona said...

Pat, these socks look great. I keep saying I am going to learn to knit socks, but my yarn, book, and needles are gathering dust. I believe I bought it all 2 years ago. (grin) Maybe some day. LOL

Gene Black said...

mmmm snuggly!

Jean(ie) said...

those look comfy!!!!!

hetty said...

Nice socks! I tried crocheting socks one time. Well, actually it was maybe 5 or 6 times - all the same sock. I never could get the hang of it. Margi did an amazing job!

Gari in AL said...

Those look great. What was the name of the book? My arthritis won't let me knit but I can crochet and I love socks.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love the way the stripes came out! You're really going to love them!

Unknown said...

I'd love to have about 20 pairs of those, in the winter time I walk around in my socks all the time.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful and they look so comfortable too.

Delisa said...

Hi Pat! Wow, they came out wonderfully! She did a beautiful job. I love the pattern. They will keep you nice and warm this winter! I hope you have a lovely evening tonight! Delisa :)

Debi said...

They are beautiful...how awesome is this...I need a knitting friend so we can barter! lol

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow!! Nice!!

Delisa said...

Hi Pat, just thought I would stop by and say hi this morning! I hope you have a lovely day ahead. Delisa :)