Monday, October 17, 2011

Something was in my mailbox.....

I had nearly forgotten that Julie had been "cleaning house" (or at least her sewing room) and I had been lucky enough to win something from her.  This is a picture of it....a mini Halloween runner complete with the wool felt with which to make it.  It is really cute! I will enjoy doing this, I'm sure. Thanks, Julie!  

Also....please go back to THIS post of mine and re-read it as Johna'Lee really needs more blocks. She has now extended her finish date to the end of November, so if you hadn't yet read about this, please go there and tell her I sent you and please consider helping her with this very worthwhile project.  I know I have a lot of followers here....nearly 300 of them....and if even 1/4 of you would go and read that post and each make just one block, she would have 75 more blocks toward the rest of the quilts she is making for the family of that young man who gave his life for us in Afghanistan. This is a way we can really touch some hearts and help them heal.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

That table runner pattern is really cute - congrats on your little win!

I'll head over and read Johna'Lee's post and see if I can help.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

very cute little runner!!

Jean(ie) said...

oops. posted my comment in the wrong post... I'm a dork. Put me down for one... I'll send it out later this week or early next week.

Denise :) said...

What a fun mailbox find! I wish I was able to sew; maybe I'll be out of the cast early and I'll be able to get in a block or two before the new deadline. Thanks for keeping us posted, Pat! :)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That's an adorable runner pattern and nice to have the woolfelt to complete it!

Needled Mom said...

I love that runner pattern. I can't wait to see it finished.

julieQ said...

I am so glad it got there and you are enjoying it!!

Delisa said...

Hi Pat, I hope you are having a nice day today! It is dark and rainy here and very windy, so it feels nice to be inside being cozy. Thank you for all the sweet comments you have left on my blog. I sure do appreciate hearing from you. What a nice gift, it is always fun to get a surprise package. I hope you have wonderful afternoon ahead! Delisa :)

Val said...

I sure am glad that date was extended. My hand is hurting so bad and we also have been traveling a lot so I haven't got to finish mine yet. I did that one but the points didn't match so now I have the others all cut out. Hope to finish this weekend.

hetty said...

Congrats on your win! Such a cute little table runner. I am sure you will enjoy making it.

Barb said...

Catching up after being away, a very cute runner is in your future! Don't forget to show it to us.