Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Quilt Blocks Needed......
A few posts back, I blogged about the tragic death of a young soldier a week before he was due home (and a few weeks before his wedding....which would have been this past weekend). John'aLee (the mother of the girl who was to marry him) is a quilter with a blog and some of you may know her. Whether you know her or not, you might be interested in helping her. She is going to make quilts for her daughter as well as family members of the young man who was to marry her daughter...and who died so tragically in Afghanistan. If you go HERE, you will find all the information you need to help. I'm sure there are enough of us who can pitch in and help make these quilts a reality. Our military does so much for us....I'm sure there are many of us who can take the time to make at least one quilt block to give to a grieving family whose loved one paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Please consider helping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thanks Pat. I followed your link over and will make up some blocks.
Appreciate you spreading the word.
Oh I would love to help but need to wait until hubby has a few more tests to see what is going to happen with him before committing to something. I will go and check it out. This is my hearts desire to do something like this. Allie is doing a quilt that I wanted to help in but didn't get to. You are awesome for sharing this.
Additionally, if everyone who contributes a block slips a dollar bill into the package, it sure would help offset the cost of finishing these comfort quilts.
This is a great way to aid in the healing of a broken heart.
I think I can get a block done but won't be able to get to it til the middle of October. Have to get through doctor visits with my mom first, plus am working with Connie on the quilt for the wounded vet here in our area that lost his legs in service in Afghanistan. He is doing well and in rehab in Texas and learnine how to use new legs. Yes, the price is high for our freedom.
What a lovely heart giving gesture to do. I wish I sewed. Prayers lifting for the family (-ies) of our soldiers & those who have gone before us, protecting our rights.
Have a great week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon
I read about this also ....unbelievably sad .... I have a post on my blog too and hope to get at least one block done and mailed out over the next week or so.
I'm headed to my LQS, I'll buy some FQs and make a block or two. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment