Quite a "necklace", don't you agree? What a way to be in style!!!
Well......it is a necklace of sorts. It's a BINDING necklace. I got the idea from a blogging friend, GARI. It is not only stylish, but it's quite functional, too. It is a piece of PVC pipe with some cord strung through it (long enough to hang around my neck and be at a level that works for me). After I make my binding, I tape it with masking tape onto the PVC pipe....wind it all up on there....and then, when I'm putting the binding on my quilt, it unrolls easily and doesn't leave me juggling all that binding (and usually dropping it in the process). It makes binding a lot easier! So......maybe you'd like to make yourself one of these stylish necklaces too! The nice part is that my necklace frequently has a different look....a new color....each time I bind another quilt.

17 comments:
Fantastic idea! I always seem to wrangle my binding when all I want to do is SEW! I'm going to have to try that.
Love it!
Great idea! Stylish and functional! I love it.
Great idea, Pat. I like it!!!
ha, ha love it!
how cool is that.....mine ends up on the floor and I roll over it with my chair.......
I just love reading about sensible, non commercial tips and this one is a great one. Thank you so much for sharing.
hugs - Miche'le
Love it!!!
Mine is made from a piece of a pool noodle & ribbon.
I do something similar with empty spools and a piece of yarn. It is certainly stylish for a quilter!
All you need to do is take some leftover binding pieces and make a fancier neck cord...heheehe
Pretty cool! I'm sure this new "necklace" will be all the rage! :)
What a clever idea!! Combine it with my new wonder clips and the binding process will be a *breeze*! LOL!!
Good idea, Pat! I've even taken the "necklace" and hung it on my chair, and run the length under my elbow so I did not add to the bulk between me and the quilt.
:-}pokey
very clever!!
Genius way to handle binding, and it looks especially good with the tee shirt! ;)
(whistle)
Lookin' good!!!!
I use a cardboard tube but your PVC pipe sounds much sturdier
This is the most amazing idea...I usually throw the binding over my shoulder while I sew!
Post a Comment