Strawberries (LARGE ones) covered in either milk or dark chocolate and drizzled with caramel!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Yummy sweet treats....and a special dinner!
Karamel-Kuche (German for Caramel Kitchen) is a wonderful, specialty candy shop located in the Germany section of EPCOT in Walt Disney World. They have so many homemade confections and their display case would make anyone drool. Hubby got some chocolate caramel fudge and I got what is pictured below. (I'd have loved to get many more things but one has to be a bit careful of all that sugar and those calories, ya know? )
Strawberries (LARGE ones) covered in either milk or dark chocolate and drizzled with caramel!
Here's mine....it was WONDERFUL!!!
AND....now for the special dinner. A few months back I became reacquainted with a gal on Facebook with whom I had been friends in elementary school. We did the math and determined we'd not seen each other in 50 years and had long ago lost touch with each other. Since she has moved to FL and isn't far from here, we made plans to meet for dinner. We had a very nice evening with her and her husband and found out how much similarity there has been in our lives over the years! Here is a photo of Carolyn and me......showing our school girl smiles (on our much-older-now faces).
Strawberries (LARGE ones) covered in either milk or dark chocolate and drizzled with caramel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I have never been to Epcot! Sounds like it's tons of fun. Peak strawberry season here in Florida is just a couple weeks away.
Gosh, I've not been to Epcot since I graduated from Boot Camp in 1985! I'm glad you're having such a good time! And I'm assuming from the picture, you're a milk chocolate girl?!? Me too! :)
Oooh one of those strawberries in dark chocolate would be right up my alley.
So glad to hear that you and Carolyn had such a good time catching up.
Isn't it fun to meet up with old friends and catching up like y'all last saw each other just yesterday?
Pass a strawberry, please.... yum!
Epcot has always been my favorite park to visit :)
What fun to catch up with old friends!
We lived in Florida for 4 years and never made it to Epcot. The kids always wanted rides.
Glad you had a chance to spend a little time with your friend. Looks likeyou had fun.
Yes, those chocolates would be wonderful. I loved Epcot when I visited.
Micki
oh yum on those strawberries....glad you got to meet up with Carolyn....
How nice to meet old friends after so many years. Those strawberries look yummy. Save one for me!
Pat...you're torturing me by showing all those yummy sweets!
I want one of these!!
I hope you had an extra strawberry for me... Thats really cool meeting up with an old friend, I'd do that but I'm not old!! Lol....
Mmmmm.... yum!!!
Good stuff getting together with an old friend and catching up on each other's lives... 8-)
We went to Epcot the first year it opened: and have been back several times since. I love visiting the different countries and sampling the food. Good to see you having such a good time.
Post a Comment