Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunshine and storms (bad ones)....

Sunshine started the day yesterday (in spite of predictions otherwise). We got to take a lot of nice photos of flowers (which we love doing) and other things by the countries in Epcot and also got to ride two of the most popular rides there with NO wait (since we took advantage of the early opening for hotel guests here). Then....it was back to the hotel for me to go in the pool......YAY!!!! Off to dinner and when we came out, the temperature had plummeted about 20 degrees and it was absolutely pouring....thunder, lightning, and a tornado watch....NOT nice at all, but....we were headed back for the night anyway, so it didn't spoil any of our plans. Here are some photos from our day.....Gee...more photos that could inspire some quilting ideas....Yup...it's me in the pool. Then I went in the hot tub. Hubby didn't go in either one.

He just sat and took pictures (even of his own feet)!!!Tomorrow I hope I remember to show you photos of a really delicious treat I got for myself at a recently-opened sweet shop in the Germany section of Epcot. Yummmmm.....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMM... have some strudel for me!

Glad you did okay with the weather. I hear it was crazy over there.

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos!! Love the flowers and the tile. But wow... Tornado watch. That is just frightening.

Unknown said...

So love the florals, you all enjoy yourselves.

Have a beautiful day ... it is snowing beautifully here.

TTFN ~
Marydon

Gene Black said...

I saw the storms in that area on the weather report last night and thought about you. Glad you and your DH are safe. Tornado watches are a way of life in the south.

luv2quilt2 said...

So glad you'e having fun in the sun. Those tiles ae fascinating, and they would make a beautiful quilt.

Tangos Treasures said...

So glad you went swimming!! Bummer on the storm :(
Beautiful flowers!

Rachel said...

I see some potential quilting designs in a couple of those photos!

The pool looks heavenly. Sigh.

Needled Mom said...

Those flowers seem to lie about the coming storm!!! Beautiful!

Beth said...

Beautiful flowers, lovely tile.
Glad you got out and about before the storm.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

In spite of the storm, it looks like you are having a great time. Keep it up! :-)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Swimming in January? Brrr unless the pool was heated. I guess us Floridians are spoiled with warm summer waters.

They do have some beautiful flowers in the Disney parks and surrounding areas.

Unknown said...

oh that pool looks so inviting...did you let that aligator spit on you? haha love the hubs feet, poor thing, he must have been bored, lol