Friday, January 28, 2011

All good things must come to an end....

*sigh* I guess the saying is true: All good things must come to an end...and I guess we'd not appreciate them as much if they lasted forever, would we? So....today we move onward from Walt Disney World. It has been an excellent trip. The only daytime rain we had was the first afternoon we were here...and it was only for a short period of time. One day it was windy and chilly (but sunny) and the rest of the week had nice daytime temps and plenty of sunshine....the one bad night storm was when we were eating dinner. The weather, overall, was extremely pleasant for us...considering the cold, wintry weather back home.

Yesterday we spent time in the Magic Kingdom and the crowds were low when we first arrived. We walked right onto most rides. Funny thing, though, I realized as we were breezing into them, that we didn't get to see all the fun things Disney usually has along the way when you are waiting to go on a ride. (I'm not complaining....would rather miss them and get right on the ride than to stand and wait!) The weather was wonderful....crystal clear...and down to shirt sleeves by lunchtime. Here are a few photos......

Love the topiary work on display here....Mickey and Minnie....Alice and her tea party friends....just a small sampling of the beautiful work done to keep this place so pretty and magical.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

what an amazing place...i'm glad it wasn't crowded for you

Gene Black said...

How great is that? No Crowds. I could enjoy Disney if there were no crowds. The "more mature" I get, the less I like being in a crowd.

I have loved the pictures from your trip so far.

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip...now bundle up!!

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

No rides is the BEST!!! That's a bonus to going in the off-season, right? I'm so glad you had so much fun...makes the rest of us jealous :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so gald y'all are having fun. I'm with Gene...no crowds.

Barb said...

It is about time you get your little self back here where it is cold....your awesome pictures are killing me....I just want to be warm!!!

Jocelyn said...

So glad you have enjoyed your visit. And that the weather was nice for you ;-)

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it has been a fabulous trip and the timing was perfect for escaping the really cold weather.

Have a safe trip back.

Myra said...

How wonderful to be at there with no crowds... Never been there myself, but that is the way to experience it I think! 8-)
Looks like you've had a great time away Pat... Now it is time to face the reality back home... lol! Don't know what it is like there, but today we are having a snowstorm...

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the pictures!! Bummer it's time to head home!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm so glad you had a good time, but it's always nice to be home. I hope the recent storms are over.

ooglebloops said...

What a wonderful trip in the midst of winter!! Love the topiaries- they were my favorite thing to see when I went to Disneyland eons ago!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just like a couple of kids, right Pat?

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

You picked a good time to visit Disney. You wouldn't think that Disney has an off season but there are a few times when there are no crowds. Glad you had a good time.