Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life can be complicated.....


I've not been able to post much lately since I've had a lot on my mind (very stressful situation within the family), but I did want to post a photo of the prize I won from Two Wacky Women when SewCalGal had her recent Christmas quilt show on her blog. I love these 20 fat quarters and they included one of those neat little value viewers........so I'll have that close at hand when trying to pick fabrics for projects. I really appreciate this prize a lot.

Now...if you are a praying person, please keep my daughter and her family in your prayers. There is a very serious employment situation going on in her household and it has put a huge stress on their household and on me (as the worrying mother/grandmother). They really deserve to get a break soon....so please join me in praying for them to have better days ahead....and SOON!

If I'm not very active in Blogland for awhile, I hope you will understand I am quite distracted.

45 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Love your gift!

Praying for y'all!

Betsy said...

Love your prize Pat. My prayers are for your family. I know how you feel since my son too is unemployed.

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Pat. I will keep them close to my hear. I know firsthand the stress of employment issues.

Loved your prize/gift. I can't wait to see what you make with that.

Tudy said...

Prayers going out to all of you. They do help. Hope you have a better holidy season.

Unknown said...

You bet! Some good wishes and prayers headed their way. Hopefully things will turn around for the best.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on your win!

I'll keep your family in my thoughts. I hope things work out soon. It's hard for a mom not to worry.

Crispy said...

Wonderful win Pat!! I too will keep your family in my thoughts. We have all been through those scary financial times and I know it will work out soon :0)

Crispy

Denise :) said...

Know that you and your daughter and her family are in my prayers! Hugs to you, Pat. :)

Unknown said...

congrats on your win...praying for your family

Gene Black said...

I will certainly keep DD and family in my heart when I pray.And I will say one for the worrying mother/g'mother too.

quiltingnana said...

you know I am always thinking of you and your family

luv2quilt2 said...

My prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Things always have a way of working out and for reason even if we can't see that reasoning at moment...prayers are sent but I have good thoughts that something BETTER is around the corner.

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear that your daughter's family is having problems. Hope they are able to resolve the situation soon.

Judi said...

Will be praying for your family. Remember Matthew 6: 25-34. Have a blessed day.

hetty said...

Wonderful prize! My prayers going up for you and your family.

Nancy said...

What a wonderful prize...

Will keep your daughter and family in my nightly prayers...

Needled Mom said...

I will be keeping them in my prayers, Pat. These are especially difficult days for them, I am sure.....and you!

Tina said...

I completely understand. I about wore myself out due to stress over my son and his wife and their employment. God answered our prayers for both of them within two weeks of each other!...best job they've ever had now!!! I'll be praying for your daughter and family for sure! Keep us posted!

9patchnurse said...

I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. I know mothers always take on their children's pain. Stay strong.

Debi said...

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

saying a prayer for you and your family. employment problems are so hard right now. (having lived through them)

it always helps me to imagine myself as one of god's creatures, like a bird, i'm provided for daily whether i see it in a real way or not, and that tomorrow might truly worry me, there's always someone there guiding me through.

Micki said...

My prayers go with you all! The economic situation is so hard for so many people.
Micki

Barb said...

sorry for the added stress during the holiday season. I hope things work out. I am sure you are a great support to your daughter and she knows it(that helps).

Dena said...

Such a lovely gift of fat quarters. Do you have a project in mind?

I'm sorry to hear your family is going through a difficult time. I have been unemployed for the last two years and living in a small community is making it very difficult to find another job. My prayers are with you and your family. I know things will get better.

Kathleen said...

Pat, I'll keep your daughter, her family and you in my prayers. Hugs to you! Love your prize.

Sara said...

Consider it done...she's in my thoughts...

Lindabee said...

Prayers going up Pat. Will miss you

Becky said...

Will keep your daughter and her family in my prayers! Take care!

Becky said...

Will keep your daughter and her family in my prayers! Take care!

Julia said...

Love your prize Pat. My prayers are for your family. I hope by the New Year things will improve for your DD and family.
Julia ♥

Gari in AL said...

You and your daughter are in my prayers. And I do understand as my daughter is facing a similar situation.

Rachel said...

Hope things work out for your daughter and her family. Try not to worry too much!

Janet said...

Praying for them and for you dear lady. Hugs.

Judy L. said...

Pat, I'm praying for you all. We do worry about our children and after having recently gone through a stressful situation myself, I know how it can zap you! I hope it all works out for them very soon.

Sheila said...

Praying.

SewCalGal said...

Glad you like your prize. Very nice of Two Wacky Women to donate such a wonderful bundle of fat quarters. They host wonderful quilt retreats and are very talented, fun and generous too!

I'll keep your kids in my thoughts & prayers. The economy will hopefully turn around very soon.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Roslyn said...

I think you are the winningest person I know Pat so I hope that your prize cheered you up & that your family sees help & hope very soon.

Michelle said...

I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers! Sending lots of hugs!!

limpingalong said...

Will keep them in my prayers -- you might pray for my grandson who is living in a very bad situation with a father who has terminal cancer. Both situations just break my heart -- hope the grandson can move somewhere else very soon!

Myra said...

What a wonderful prize there Pat!! Lucky you!!!

Prayers and blessings....
Take care!
Myra

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Top of the prayer list..thinking of you and your family.

Pat

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Prayers Pat for your daughter and family!

Nanette Merrill said...

We've been there done that several times. Prayer helps. My suggestion is when there is an interview or a chance at a job that you gather those that you love/trust and ask them to all pray at a certain time together. I feel that it sends real power together into heaven.

Val said...

I will be praying. I know it is so hard for so many people right now. I will be so glad when this economy gets better. It is scary. Remember HE will never leave you or forsake you.(or your daughter and family.)