Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Busy...busy......

I've been out of the loop here in Blogland for a bit now.....things were just SO busy. There was lots of Christmas music to be practiced (and then sung and played) at church and then Christmas day dinner enjoyed at the house of friends (along with about 16 others). Then we got up early Sunday and beat the snowstorm as we drove to DD's house in NJ. We were to stay one night, but......had to stay an extra night as son-in-law and hubby weren't able to get the driveway cleared (and the plows didn't get the roads decent) until late Monday but black ice on the roads made us realize we should wait until Tuesday to leave for home.While there, we enjoyed gift exchanges with these two cuties and their folks...
We played some Wii games (and laughed alot) with them and their parents.....had a turkey dinner...cooked some goodies together....played their new Bingo game together......looked over their many new toys and crafts. Then.......the littlest one had her first slumber party planned, so the second night we were there (which we were NOT supposed to be there by that time....but...you know, the weather), had us meet her two friends and be treated to all 4 of the gals having a case of the giggles and sillies. You might know how little girls can be....but they were very cute and the older sister had fun playing "teacher" and helping the gals do different fun things. Here is Jessi (in the middle) with her friends, Emma and Katie. They were all so cute and had a great time, but I can tell that hosting slumber parties is best left to gals much younger than I am. LOL

I hope to get to some sewing soon. And I hope our weather will become more "NORMAL" soon......that means we have temps in the 40's and only get a couple of inches of snow every few years. I am NOT liking big snows here (and super-cold temps) two years in a row!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the 40's by tomorrow :) happy new year, Pat!

Betsy said...

Your grandaughters are growing fast! So glad you are able to enjoy them. We do not have snow but temps went as low as 18 and all my plants are dead.

Crispy said...

Oh yes a gaggle of giggling little girls is for the young LOL. Sounds like you had a wonderful time (except for the weather LOL). My 3yo nephew beat me in Wii, now that's imbarrassing ROFL.

Crispy

Unknown said...

girls slumber party, oh my....I can remember those days. you should change your picture on your side bar, of the current one in today's post

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like you just rolled with the punch from the weather. Little girls and slumber parties are always "interesting"!!!!

Anonymous said...

like a previous poster said... a gaggle of giggling girls...

Glad you got to spend time with family. big hugs and well-wishes for the new year!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I LOVE giggling kids! It sounds like you had loads of fun.

Kathy said...

At least you were trapped in a nice house with your family. Think of the poor people who are STILL stuck in airports!

We didn't get the snow here this time. It would have been nice to have a couple of inches, but not the storm that hit further east.

Glad you got home safely. Too bad about the Christmas lights. You go to a lot of trouble putting them up and then they don't work. Bummer!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, I remember little girls and slumber parties. We have funny stories that still "live" when we start remembering the days when our kids were young. LOL! Cute picture of those three little girls. :-) Weather here continues to be interesting. Now rain is in the forecast! With all the snow we have on the ground, it is going to be a mess and then the temps are to drop into the teens this weekend and it will be a skating rink here for sure! I am hoping for a January thaw!

sewfunquilts said...

If your going to be trapped by too much snow, sounds like a great fun time w/family. Much better than some of the people at the airports/train stations. Yikes!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Beth said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I remember the days of giggling little girls. So cute!
Glad you got home safely.

Micki said...

The kids are adorable! I can see how everyone had a wonderful time!
Micki

Michelle said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, family time Pat! I have to say, my husband is wishing for lots of snow while were here. :)

Denise :) said...

Pat, what fun you had! I loved the pictures of your darling grandgirls. And I had to laugh at your thoughts on the sleepover! Send all your snow down here, if you wish -- I'd take it in a heartbeat! Hugs! :)

Rachel said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas with the cuties. And happy to hear you made it home safely. What crazy weather! I hope you're staying safe and cozy at home for a while now.

Stephanie Hughes said...

I had emails from Serendipity saying they were hit with lots of snow but we got nothing! I can't believe how much you got.

Looks like fun on Christmas, glad you had time with the grandkids! Steph

Tangos Treasures said...

So glad you had fun!!
Bummer on the snow!

Kathleen said...

Sounds like great family time with memories to hold you a while. Sometimes I think the fact that the little ones wear us out is how we are able to say goodbye til next time. Cute pics of the girls.