
You can see on my sidebar that I have been participating in a Jelly Roll quilt-along. This is my block #7. Please excuse the fact that the block hasn't yet had a proper pressing! I am still not crazy about my blocks....and think it's because I should have added several more fabrics to the jelly roll I'm using, but...I'm also still hoping that my sashing and borders can pull it all together.
For anyone who might want to join this quilt-along, you can click on the button on my sidebar and get the details and catch up with the previous blocks. It's fun to look at the Flicker group that is set up for people to post their block photos....as they look so different made with all the different fabrics.
30 comments:
It looks beautiful! I am sure the sashing will be the icing on the cake!
I like this block. I think Jackie is right. The sashing will be the "icing on the cake" and will pull it all together.
Your block looks great to me! Have you laid them all out together to get a feel for the overall look of them? I do that after every block I make. Speaking of that...I need to get my block made today! :0)
This one might me my favorite.
Ha ha...I had already seen yours in the Flickr pool last night. It looks great.
I think that most jelly rolls don't have enough variety of values. I keep thinking I need to cut some dark strips to go in mine. It seems that MOST jelly rolls don't have enough darks to get the really eye popping contrast that makes folks say WOW!
Your block is so pretty; I really like this block. Well, really I like them all. I haven't made mine yet, but hope to today. I'm really getting anxious to see them all together.
I really like this block. But I agree about the colour. It needs something to make the blocks pop.
Very nice block Pat. I have found that sashing makes a lot of difference in how the quilt will look in the end.
It's very pretty, Pat! I'm sure the end result will be lovely.
Very pretty block, Pat. I'm sure they'll look great together once you have them all complete.
Pat, I love that block. It is really nice. Thanks for sharing, my dear friend. Happy Quilting!
this is a nice block. I'm not doing the jelly roll sampler but look at the blocks as they become available. Not so crazy abt most of the blocks but like this one.
I like the block. It seems to fit with your other blocks!
I really like this block Pat. Has a vintage look to it! I bet all your blocks will look great when done and finished quilt will be a treasure!
Lola
I really like this block...you did good!
Really pretty block!!!
I love your block. It is so pretty. I would love to join in but it seems I have so much going right now. (which is a good thing if you know what I mean). Hopefully in the fall and winter I can sew more. (oh yes, deer season....hmmmmm.)Love ya!
This is a cute block! How do they all look together.
It's very pretty, I'm sure the end result will be lovely. can't wait to see them all together..
Julia ♥
i like this block.....your coming right along with these
Wow, I really like that block...it would be nice to make a whole quilt using that block.
Well I'm liking what you are making Pat LOL. I too feel the sashing will really tie this all together for you.
Crispy
I really like the block too Pat. I'm going to go see the rest of them now. This is the first one I'm seeing. But if the others are half as nice, you don't have to worry!
I love that one...especially with the peek of the light in two of the center squares... I can't wait to see this all together!
Hi Pat. It looks great. I was wondering if it was tricky or anything. I'm going to make it tomorrow I think.
Your block looks just stunning...great job on it!
Micki
Very pretty.
Though you are not crazy about the fabrics now, I am sure when you have all the blocks put together it will make a lovely quilt Pat! 8-)
Love, love, love this block. In fact, I've liked all the blocks and even checked out the sidebar to participate. But lots of things had to be put on the back burner for now. I'm hoping to get back to "playing" with my AccuQuilt cutter soon.
This is a cute block! How do they all look together.
Adsense Alternative
Post a Comment