
Before I get to my appeal for help, here is another block I made from the Red/White/Blue No-Sew block swap I joined awhile back. This one is called Glory in Scraps (and can be found on the Quilter's Cache webpage.) This is the 4th block I've done from this swap.
Okay....now here is how I need your help. I have had trouble tolerating the oral meds for osteoporosis, so my doctor is recommending the once-a-year 15-minute Reclast IV infusion. I am not worried about the IV being run....but I went online and read some awful stories of the side effects people have suffered (and some of them for weeks and months). I do understand not everyone has side effects...and not everyone has them to the same extent, BUT...I find I cannot make a decision about this unless I can get to talk directly to some people who have had Reclast treatments. SO...I am pleading with all of you to ask around and try to find people who would be willing to be in touch with me via email about their experiences with that medication. If you have had it and would talk to me about it, that would be great. But if you haven't, I'd really appreciate it if you would ask around and try to put me in touch with someone who has had it. Usually these are post-menopausal women...and I think we all know at least a few of them by now!!! LOL I am supposed to make my decision by Friday, June 4, but I will delay my decision beyond that, if necessary. I am hoping through the blogging world that I can gain further knowledge about this treatment option. (I have also posted on my Facebook page trying to find people who know of it....maybe even some nurses who read my blog or Facebook page could tell me about patients they know who have had Reclast.) I'm crossing my fingers some of you can help me with this. Sorry this isn't about quilting....but I really need some input in order to make a serious decision here.
22 comments:
Pretty block!
Sorry I don't know about the meds. you are asking about. But I can ask my brother he's a RN.
I will be asking around!
I'll ask around too -I agree with you- it's always better to hear what others have experienced, to make that informed decision!!!
I'll ask around too. I hope you get the information that you need.
Your red, white and blue bock is really cute!
Very cute block at just the right time of year! Sent a private e-mail in response to your personal issue.
That is a fantastic block and perfect for Memorial weekend posting. Can't help you with med. Sorry.
Cute block Pat. I'm sorry I can't help you with the Reclast issue, I know lots of "older" ladies but none with osteo issues. Let us know what you find out though and Kudos for doing the research instead of just "following" doctors orders.
Crispy
I'll ask around about the medication. I'm glad you're investigating it first. Your block looks so pretty that I thought I'd make one like it to put in my project, then remembered that mine are all stars!
Love the block!
I took the oral meds and it worked -- reversed my osteoporosis so I don't have to take it anymore. I was fearful of this med because the problem that can develop in your jaw. But, after discussing it with my PA I decided to take it for a while longer and it did work!
Love your RWB block!!!
I will ask around and see if I know anyone who takes it. My mom and I both take the Bon*iva.
Is very nice, Pat. Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!
That is a great block!
Happy Holiday!
Great block Pat! 8-)
Sorry I can't help you with the info you seek. Don't know anyone with this situation... Hope you get connected to some good feedback!
I have asked the pharmacy here at the hospital, but they do not have any personal experience. I will ask too...surely one of my patients or someone has taken this med.
I am so glad that you are asking first before taking any bone medication. I took Fosomex for about a year and a half when I noticed that my teeth were acting funny. Yes they felt different - they started feeling loose, and a bridge I had loosened. I stopped taking the medication for fear that I would loose all my teeth. I decided not to take any more medication and upped my calcium and started taking magnesium. I try to walk as much as I can and try to watch my balance so as not to fall. Am looking forward to your responses. Take care.
Terry in So. Calif.
Love the red/white/blue block.
I will be praying that all goes well with whatever you decide.
Pretty block! I had this done in April.
Feel free to email me any questions.
Lola
First, I like your block, very timely.
I will ask around about the reclast. Did your Dr mention the daily injection option? A lot of my patient's had really good response to it and minimal side effects ( usually just a little sore if injected too many times at the same site).
this is a very cute block. I thought it was strip pieced at first.
Don't know what to say abt your med issue. Hope you get some answers.
I don't have a clue either about that infusion. My hubby has Rheumatoid Arthritis and he takes an infusion once a month and he is so much better. It is amazing. I wish I could help you on this though. I do have a suggestion. You might want to do a post with that in the title and it might get someones attention. Just a suggestion. I love the block!
love that red white and blue block....and i have no idea about the infusion, I'll ask my mom though, she's a nurse
Very cute block
Adsense Alternative
Post a Comment