Monday, April 12, 2010

A pretty day for picture-taking........

Yesterday, hubby and I took several pictures in and around our church. The weather was gorgeous and while some of the flowering trees weren't at their best, the tulips were looking good. I will put here for your enjoyment a nice selection of the photos we took. As a point of interest, I can tell you the oldest gravestone in the cemetery is dated 1707. (If you wish to look up this church, it is St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Lewes, Delaware.....a really beautiful church in a very picturesque town that has both bay and ocean beaches! Gee....guess I sound like a tourism director, huh? LOL)

Hope you like the photos...you already know I like to "soften" the edges.....I hope you like that technique, too! This post has absolutely nothing to do with quilting, but.....I'm allowed......my blog title tells it all......!

Loved looking at the church steeple through the blossoms of this tree!This is not the oldest grave, but it is still very old.
A lot of the children in the parish helped plant bulbs last fall....and their work really showed up nicely this weekend.


We feel truly blessed to be part of such a loving parish in such a beautiful location!

27 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh nice pictures!! I love the one with the tulips in front of the church! Did you lay on the ground to get that shot??

Unknown said...

Love the photos!! My mom always used to say that you can learn quite a bit of history from a cemetery.

Gene Black said...

Ha, I wondered the same thing as Tango, did you lie on the ground to take the tulip shot? It is probably my favorite.

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like your town is full of history! Great pics!

Barb said...

You are right, it is a beautiful location, your pictures are amazing...

Crispy said...

Beautiful Pat!!!

Crispy

Kathy said...

Great photos! Your church and cemetary is very photographic.

Kaye said...

I will get there for a service yet. Great pictures. Yes, you would make an excellent tourism director.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love that first photo of the steeple through the trees, and then I liked all the rest just as much. LOL! These are great photos. They would make great entries at the county fair!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

All the photos are beautiful Pat, but the close up of the tulips with the church in the background is awesome!

Rita said...

Great pictures, Pat. I also especially like the one with the tulips in the front with the church in the background. I live in an area with a lot of wonderful historic churches also. We tend to take them for granted but I try to enjoy their beauty and history.

Pat said...

Your photos are just breathtaking, my dear.

luv2quilt2 said...

What an absolutely lovely old church, and a wonderful project for the children. You're having a lot of fun with your camera, aren't you? The pictures are great.

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures. The tulips are so perfect that they don't even look real!

Joanna said...

I love your pictures. Being surrounded by beauty, and the flowers do it, is a wonderful gift.

Rhonda said...

Pat those photos are absolutely beautiful....great perception!

Unknown said...

i would not have been in that grave yard....no way

quiltingnana said...

great photos as always

Unknown said...

You captured everything so beautifully, my friend. Love them all ...
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Dawn said...

Pat, If you feel inclined, offer these to your church for their use. I used to be a church secretary for an old historic church here in my town, and I would have loved to have some shots like these for bulletin covers and such. Beautiful photos!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful pictures. Lovely place to worship.

Myra said...

Excellent photos Pat!! They are lovely!!! Good for you! 8-)

Unknown said...

Pat, these pictures are stunning...I just love all of them.....

limpingalong said...

Beautiful -- loved your pictures.

Carol Anne Strange said...

What stunning images, Pat. The colours are so vibrant. Just popping in to say hello and send you bright wishes from the UK. xx

Diane said...

A serenely beautiful setting for your marvelous photos.

Samantha said...

Great photos, I love the brilliant colors of the flowers against the gray tombstones.