I was made aware of another product that allows you not to pin or baste quilt "sandwiches"...it is called Misty Fuse and you can get information on Bradie Sparrow's blog by clicking
HERE. This is a new product to me...never heard of it before but I may give this a try and still use my regular batting.
13 comments:
Misty Fuse looks like a product I should try. If it really works, how nice would that be??
Looks interesting. Heirloom makes a great fusible batting that I've been using on crib sized quilts and wall hangings. I really love it. A quick press and my quilts always turn out pucker-free.
I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. I saw her post on it earlier and was intrigued. :)
Hi Pat......I haven't heard of that fusible before either....I'll have to pop over and read about it.
Thanks for the link.
Sounds like a perfect solution.
I think the first I heard about MistyFuse was on I Have a Notion's blog. It was the day 13 giveaway. Maybe I will win some so I can try it for myself.
I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it, Pat....anything that makes basting quilts easy is good as long as it works without damage to the quilt..
Julia ♥
A fellow blogger also uses it for fusing her wool before hand work. She loves it! I want to get my hands on some to try for my wool BOM that has been sitting!
I've used Misty Fuse, but only in applique of small projects, never large. I liked it for that. Never did it on the batting like she showed.
I had only heard of it for applique but have not been able to find it locally. Was surprised to learn it could be ordered through Amazon.
I saw some the other day, but will have to pass until I have used the batting I have. I can't wait until you tell all, though!
If you use it let me know. I am worried about using it and it ruins the quilt. I like to make my quilts without washing the fabrics first so it shrinks and looks old and anitquey. They have UV stuff too, "because the white tends to turn tan in the sun"...that concerns me. I will have to use it on something small before I use it big. Keep us posted how it works. Steph
Me too, I have looked at reviews and decided to give it a try. Maybe on a table runner at first.. It is not cheap and don't know if I can justify the cost in a large quilt..
Maggey
Post a Comment