Friday, April 2, 2010

The last cottage block arrived.....


A few days back, the last of the cottage blocks arrived. A group of 12 did this over the course of a year and we each took a month....and made cottages in fabric we thought represented that month....and made 12 of them. We kept one for ourselves and sent the other 11 out to the rest of the group. Here is cottage #12 for April.......which has fabrics that look like they have raindrops on them (for April showers) and a butterfly in the window. Paula in New Hampshire made it.


And below we have a photo of all 12 of the blocks...starting with January and ending with December. I believe I am going to do black sashing and borders.......as I laid them on black fabric and they stood out very nicely against the black. This was a fun project and Betsy was a good "swap" mom for this....thanks, Betsy!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

They are all so beautiful and bold. Black sashing will be perfect! A wonderful swap.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I think black will be fantastic!

Crispy said...

Great blocks!! Black will be perfect for these bright blocks :0)

Crispy

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE those blocks! Black will be perfect! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Gene Black said...

I agree that the black will be awesome with those. The colors -which are vivid already will really POP off the black. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow..those blocks all work together so well. This is going to be one heck of a fun quilt!!

Judy Laquidara said...

How cute! Bright and cheerful! I love using black in quilts and it will make these blocks shine!

andsewon said...

Yes I agree black will work wonderfully. I use it to make things pop as well.
Such a fun quilt you will have !!
Lola

Kathy said...

Those little houses are wonderful! They will make a fabulous quilt, especially with the black that will make them stand out. When you look at it, you will remember the people who made the blocks, which makes it even more special.

Jocelyn said...

Yes the black will make a wonderful backdrop to the houses. Can't wait to see this quilt unfold.

Barb said...

I love these ~ but then I'm a sucker for any kind of house quilts! I sure hope you show us the finished product when it's done.

luv2quilt2 said...

Love your little wonky houses. I think black will make a perfect sashing for them. Hope well get to see the finished top.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That is going to be so cute when it is finished, Pat! My favorite cottage is the valentine one. :-)

hetty said...

Black will be perfect! Such lovely blocks! This will certainly become a fantastic quilt!

Rhonda said...

The new block looks 3D....very interesting fabric.

Rita said...

What cute blocks! I love the crooked houses. It's neat to see how each month was represented in fabric.

Unknown said...

this is going to be one cutie patootie of a quilt...I love the colors and that they are themed! Cant wait to see it.....

Myra said...

Black will set it off wonderfully Pat! Great blocks! 8-)

Julia said...

Black sashing will make the blocks pop!
it will look stunning..
Julia ♥

Wendy said...

The black will sure set off all the blocks well.

julieQ said...

Your blocks are so cute together!!!

Beth said...

I love house blocks of any kind, but these cottages are really cute.
Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thanks for posting the last block Pat! I haven't been home to see mine yet. They sure do look cute together and I will be anxious to get mine together soon! It sure was a fun swap!

Pat said...

How super, Pat. Those sure will stand out nicely against the black. That will sure be something when you finisih it. Nice thing for everyone to do together. Happy Quilting, my friend.

Betsy said...

They look great Pat. How will yiu put them together?

Anonymous said...

I was away and am just catching up. These blocks are adorable!