Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A finish and a friend's quilt top.....

Here is a quilt top made by Sherry (from our neighborhood quilt group). She did this as a surprise gift for a recently-married co-worker of hers. I'd say that co-worker is pretty lucky, wouldn't you? Sherry is an excellent quilt-maker and a very generous gal! Sherry will sandwich this and get it quilted (on her home machine) lickety split, so I probably won't see it before she gives it away.......so I figured I better get a picture now. (I think it will enlarge if you click on it.)This is my green pineapple mini-wall-hanging....all finished now. It is hand-quilted and came out really nice.......good texture to it. I know you can't see the hand-quilting well in the photo....especially in the "busier" parts of the quilt that are around the center pineapple block, so you'll have to trust me when I tell you the quilting turned out very nice. I'm really happy with it and you know I LOVE green fabrics!

33 comments:

andsewon said...

Pretty heart quilt for sure!
Your mini is pretty too!Nice job!
Will add zip the wall where you hang it!
Do you have a special hanger to use??
I need to go small hanger shopping I think.
Lola

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow they both are so pretty!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Gorgeous quilt! I really like your wall hanging too. I've not tried to hand quilt or hand piece anything but I do like the look.

Crispy said...

Oooo they are both so very pretty!! Well done ladies :0)

Crispy

Gene Black said...

Wow..I love the scrappy hearts on Sherry's quilt. I am wondering if she used a jelly roll for those. I can see it would be a terrific way to use one.

Your pineapple hanging is pretty. The quilting in the background really disappeared. i can see it in the block when I enlarge the photo. Nice job.

luv2quilt2 said...

Your little wall hanging is so pretty. Each time I see the pineapple block, I'm more and more tempted to go get the ruler. Love your friend's quilt.

Lindabee said...

Those quilts are stunning. I love the heart quilt. Did she make the heart blocks separately and them put them together? It looks like way too much work for me.

Rosa said...

Love your friend`s quilt,it`s great.

Anonymous said...

Wow all those squares! Love how the light comes through the back of that photo. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Sherry is indeed very generous -- look at all that sewing! Very pretty. Also, the pineapple block is very pretty. Very nice, fine little quilting stitches too!

Yvette said...

I love them both!!

Great job! What a lucky couple to get such a great gift.

Kathleen said...

Sherry's quilt top is pretty... lucky bride and groom. And your wallhanging looks great... the narrow light border really sets it off... nice job on the hand quilting.

Rachel said...

Nice! That heart quilt kind of looks like stained glass - maybe it's just the light shining through from the back. It's lovely.

Love your green pineapple, too!

Rhonda said...

OMG! That heart quilt is awesome...someone is very lucky. Pat your "green" wall-hanging is wonderful.....I just love green.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

What a lucky couple to be receiving that gorgeous quilt!
Your green pineapple is lovely!

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt...and your wall hanging turned out sooo wonderfully!!

Kaye said...

Your picture taking did a great job of showing Sherry's quilt. Its sure a lot of work for a gift, very generous. I hope m ost people enlarge the green wall hanging so they can see the great hand stitching you do!

Beth said...

Lovely heart quilt top for the newlyweds.
Your green pineapple is really pretty. Now I really will have to tackle one someday.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Sherry is definitely a generous friend! What a lady!!! I love the patchwork hearts! Gene is right as this would be a great use for jelly roll strips. Your little green wallhanging is very nice. I clicked so I could see the quilting. Would you say that green is your favorite color? Just wondering....... :-)

Myra said...

What a lovely quilt top Sherry made! What a lucky couple receiving it! 8-)

Your mini is adorable Pat! Excellent!

Happy stitchings!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That heart quilt is so pretty!
I didn't know I liked green pineapple until I saw your mini Pat - nice job!

Net's Place said...

I love green too!!!!!
Gorgeous!

julieQ said...

What a wonderful heart quilt! Really pretty...and your greens are pretty. So green is your favorite??

Unknown said...

love that heart quilt top and your green hanging

Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty Pretty Pretty. Both quilts are so pretty!

Unknown said...

the heart quilt is so pretty...she is very generous...
Your green wallhanging turned out great...I love the handquilting that you do.....

quiltingnana said...

yes Sherry is so talented....and your green pineapple hanging turned out very nicely

limpingalong said...

LOVE the heart quilt! I swore I would never make another quilt with lots of little squares with that one might just convince me to reneig on my oath! Lovely.

Micki said...

I love both quilts! I can see how much work went into your quilt..It reminds me of Ireland.
Micki

Joanna said...

The heart quilt has the look of a mosaic and your quilt has a way of drawing the eye into the center. Two unique and beautiful quilts you both can be proud of.

Julie said...

I love your friend's quilt of hearts. Tempted to put that on my to do list.

Zlaty said...

Both projects very pretty! I love your friend's scrappy hearts and green is my favourite color so I love your quilt!

Happy sewing!

Tennye said...

That heart quilt is wow beautiful, you did a great job.
Tennye