Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Have you heard about Lapel Stick?

I had vaguely recalled hearing about Lapel Stick and a couple of bloggers had giveaways of them.  I'd not used them, though....and still haven't, but I will use one soon.  The company was nice enough to send a few to me.  I will use one and then I'll give a couple away here on my blog....not sure yet how I'll decide who gets them, but I'll have some kind of giveaway, so stay tuned if you are interested.  In the meantime, go HERE to read about Lapel Stick.  I have a photo here of one tube of Lapel Stick as well as both sides of a card that I got with mine.  (Sorry the photo is a bit blurry.)  The weblink I gave you above contains all the info that is on the cards.......how you can use it to temporarily hold up a hem that has come unsewn...or to keep a buttonhole closed if you pop a button.....as well as using it as a basting medium when you are quilting or doing other sewing.  It is a temporary sewing adhesive and from what other bloggers have said, it works pretty well.  I'll find out soon! 

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I have one and I use it all the time... I used it last on the applique center of the dresden plate pillow i just finished.

Michele T said...

You will love it!! I used it for an applique quilt and it was perfect!! I only wish it came in bigger tubes because I ran out quickly.

Rosa said...

I´ve heard about it but I haven´t tried it.

Rachel said...

Interesting. I, too, have seen these on other people's blogs but never used one myself. I'll be waiting for your full review ;)

Tangos Treasures said...

hummmm never heard of them??

hetty said...

I have never heard of it, but it sounds like a useful product.

Rhonda said...

This is something new and I can't wait to hear your pros and/or cons!!!

Needled Mom said...

I haven't tried it yet either. It sounds like a good product.

Gene Black said...

I won one on another blog. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in my mailbox.

Denise :) said...

Huh! This sounds like a very useful tool. I'll have to check it out...I might *need* some! :)

Jean(ie) said...

That would be great for applique.