If you look on my sidebar, you will see Santa peeking out from behind a Christmas tree. I am joining a Secret Santa event that sounded like fun. If you want to know more about it, just go over to that little picture and click on Santa and you will be taken to a blog that has all the information! Thanks for all the kind comments on my sock dilemma in my last post. I am trying to find someone locally to help me, but if not, Margi has kindly stepped forward to offer her help...and I'm very grateful to her! (Gotta love bloggers!!!)
9 comments:
Yea! Glad you are joining in the fun!
Oh how fun!
Thanks for sharing this Pat -- what fun!!! I'm gonna play, too. :)
Hi Pat, so sorry to hear about your sock problem. It is challenging crocheting or knitting socks, and I have had the same problem when trying to use sock yarn. What I had to do for my first pair, was switch to a worsted weight yarn and a size G hook, and then I followed the same pattern. They came out like bulky warm slippers.
But once I got the hang of the pattern, and learned the various techniques using the smaller yarn was much easier and less frustrating. Sadly I think most sock yarn is made with knitters in mind. Also have you tried using a metal or aluminum hook with a sharper edge to it? For me, wood or plastic hooks have a tendency to cause more separation of threads. Sometimes switching hooks can make a world of difference. Have a nice and restful evening ahead! Delisa :)
I hope you find someone to help you with the knitting. I can crochet but never did well with knitting.
Going to check it out!!
Glad you joined the SSS gang. I think yo will enjoy it. I am sorry I am no help, I know nothing about knitting.
Sounds like do much fun but I haven't even finished my star block!!! lol. It will be finished this week though. Glad you found someone to help you!
Just wanted to let you know that I put you on my blog roll. I so appreciate all you've done for me throughout this hard experience my friend. A Big Hug...
Post a Comment