Monday, September 19, 2011

Ready to be long-armed......

Here is a photo of my pineapple "chunk" top...using stash fabrics that are Christmas-themed.  I made it using Gyleen Fitzgerald's Pineapple Ruler and the variation she calls "Pineapple Chunks".  It was fun and easy (a lot easier than doing this kind of block with paper-piecing) and it did use up a lot of my Christmas stash.  It will be getting long-armed soon.  (Excuse the lighting that made parts of the quilt look lighter than they really are.)  There are only two fabrics used for the block centers....and all the triangles are printed Christmas fabrics...even though some of them look solid in the picture. You can probably click on the picture to see it enlarged a bit. A friend of mine was lucky enough to get a long-arm machine recently, so I am going to see if she wants to quilt this for me.  She has already been doing some excellent work!

29 comments:

julieQ said...

OH, I love it Pat!!! gorgeous finish!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's a cute quilt Pat! I really like the design.

Rachel said...

Wow, Pat, this is gorgeous! I love the green border with the Christmas fabrics. So...what design will your friend use to quilt this? (Don't say stippling...don't say stippling... haha did you read my post today?)

Dawn said...

Pat this is simply lovely!

Nancy said...

What a great quilt!! So the ruler is easier than paper piecing? Sounds interesting...

Terry said...

That's so pretty Pat! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

Barb said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I love the idea that it is a great stash buster too! Gorgeous!

luv2quilt2 said...

Lovely quilt! I may just have to invest in that ruler.

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow it really came out beautiful!! You go girl!!!

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful, Pat!

Joyful Quilter said...

So pretty, and all those lovely greens. Looks like it was a fun pattern to make.

Jocelyn said...

Wow Pat, it's beautiful!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

What a great looking quilt...it is beautiful. Isn't it fun to try new methods...and if they are quicker...and more fun too!!

hetty said...

Stunning! You worked those up very quickly. And it was a great stash buster! I must get one of those rulers.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful and the quilting will simply be the frosting!

Jean(ie) said...

First off, when I saw your header, I smiled. Autumn is my favorite season.

I love this quilt! I've got a pineapple ruler and I need to learn to use it. Loving it because I know you *adore* green and I love all the color going on.

Hope all is well with your and your family. Glad to see some more of your beautiful work!

Dana Gaffney said...

That is really beautiful Pat, very nice job. I can't wait to see it after quilting.

Rhonda said...

Well done, Pat and with fabric from your stash, too!!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Really lovely machine quilting. The whole thing is fantastic.

quiltingnana said...

very nice Pat. I saw it when it was in its infancy....can't wait to see it done

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

LOVE this Pat!

Delisa said...

Hi Pat, Wow! This is gorgeous! You do such beautiful work. I love that you were able to use all your different scrap fabric and put it together in such a bright, colorful, and harmonious way! It is really a work of art. My mother-in-law just signed up for a quilting class and is getting pretty excited about it. Years ago I made two large quilts and a couple of wall hangings,using mostly cotton calico, but I never had any lessons and kind of figured it out as I went along. I am amazed when I see all the beautiful fabric they have available these days. I hope you have a lovely evening ahead, and again, what a beautiful job! Delisa :)

Roslyn said...

I might have to try this one Pat it looks fast!

Fiber Babble said...

Love-love-LOVE it!!

Debi said...

Very beautiful Pat, I love the fabrics.

Myra said...

Your quilt top is wonderful Pat!! How wonderful to use up a bunch of your Christmas stash too!! You'll be all set with a a quilt to keep you warm during the season now!! Good for you! 8-)

Unknown said...

love this quilt, can't wait to see it long armed.....

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful Just Beautiful, Hugs, Mary

Unknown said...

this is wonderful!