Friday, September 30, 2011

Gotta love long-armers!!!

I did an AccuQuilt demo today in my favorite local quilt shop with my quilting partner, Kathy. While there, I got TWO quilts back from two really great long-armer friends....Woo-Hoo!!!  (No...for you who are uninformed, they are not friends with long arms....they are friends who have long-arm quilting machines and each quilted a quilt top for me recently.)  I will show them both here.  Not knowing which order blogger will decide to post them, I will describe them both and you will know which I'm discussing. You should be able to click on the photos twice to enlarge them and see the quilting in a little bit better detail.

One is my "pineapple chunk" quilt made using my GO cutter to cut all the pieces and Gyleen Fitzgerald's Pineapple Ruler to trim the blocks after each round of sewing.   I used only my stash of Christmas fabrics for that and love how it turned out...and it is for ME....Yay for keeping a quilt sometimes instead of giving it away!!!  LOL   Michelle did a great job of using a really nice swirly pantograph on it and it really "fits" the quilt well....although my photography doesn't really do it justice because you can't see the quilting in the blocks.  (Look at the top itself a couple of posts back on my blog.)

The second one is a "girlie-fabric" quilt.  This is a lap quilt that is going to be a Christmas gift for my daughter's landlady.  She likes these colors......would never be my choice, BUT...I have to say after seeing the custom quilting job, I find myself wishing it was staying here with me.  I cut all the pieces for this quilt with my GO! cutter, also....and most of it was made as using the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern (along with several girlie-colored borders).   Jackie quilted this one and did her usual terrific job!  (For some reason, blogger rotated this and I can't get it back the way I wanted it......Darn you, Blogger!!!)

Anyway...believe me that both of these tops are beautiful and I say thanks to my long-arming friends....I love you both!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...doesn't that quilting just add the frosting to an already beautiful quilt top?!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love a swirly quilting pattern! I'm glad to hear you're keeping the Christmas one! I've liked it when I saw it on your first post.

Tangos Treasures said...

Yay! They both turned out beautiful!!

Val said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Winona said...

They are just lovely, Pat.

Jean(ie) said...

They turned out beautifully! I know you'll love your quilt, and I'm sure the recipient of the other will just love hers, as well.

hetty said...

They both turned out beautifully. I love the swirly quilting! Good for you for deciding to keep one for yourself!

Pokey said...

You have good reason to be pleased, Pat! Both are beautiful. I do like the circular quilting on the pink, one, but your chunky pineapple one is a real charmer, too. Yea for a quilt you get to keep!
;-}pokey

Delisa said...

Hi Pat! My goodness, these came out beautiful! How nice to be able to machine quilt the tops and have them ready so quickly. I love the different designs patterns, they really enhance the beauty of the quilt top! Those quilts are going to be treasures. Have a happy saturday! Delisa :)

Denise :) said...

Wow -- great stuff, Pat! I adore the Christmas-sy looking one; it's quite beautiful! :)

jan said...

Both just great Pat and good for you for keeping one for yourself. Oh for a long arm machine. I would get so many more finished than I do at the moment. I can dream!!!!

Michelle said...

Now you have lots of binding to do!! :)

Unknown said...

they both look great

Rhonda said...

Pat... while reading your post moments ago, I "spit" my tea out when I read about the "long arm quilter"... you probably can see the dribbles of tea rolling down the computer screen... LOL

Delisa said...

Hi Pat! Just thought I would pop over and say hello tonight! I hope you are having a good evening. We sure had a pretty day and I am really enjoying this cool autumn weather. I am still working on my gloves, and have been looking through my pattern books for a shawl project. A new quilting store opened up near by and my mother-in-law is going to start her lessons back up. It will be nice to hear the whirr of the sewing machine again! :) The lady at the store had so many beautiful quilt tops decorating the walls and it made me think of you. I hope you have a lovely evening ahead and a beautiful day tomorrow! Delisa :)

Myra said...

The quilting looks wonderful Pat!! Now the fun part, binding, and I do mean fun! I love putting the last finish on a quilt!! 8-)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What beautiful quilts! How great that your friends quilted them for you!