
Referring to my previous post, I have done 3 blocks since then with scraps cut all with my GO! cutter. Now you can see I have a total of 7 blocks toward this fun quilt. If you click on the picture to enlarge it and study the blocks, you can see no two are exactly the same pattern. I used several dies to cut the pieces......some of my square dies (2" finished, 4" finished and 6" finished), some of my half-square triangle dies, my rectangle die, and my quarter-square triangle die. then I combined them in various ways....did whatever felt FUN to do at the moment to make them be 12" (finished size) blocks. I have to ponder what color sashing I'll use....maybe an off-white but not totally sure (and would welcome some feedback on that from you color-savvy folks). If you have a GO! cutter, this project is a tremendous amount of fun and this is one of the most satisfying things I've done with my GO!......to rescue all the left-over and unused (unwanted!!!) fabric and give it some new life. It's very "freeing" as there is no pattern and you just do whatever you feel like doing, but the end result will be something very nice! (Also...since you are making 12" blocks, this quilt can be done rather quickly.) I'll update you again when there is some noticeable progress.
24 comments:
Pat, what a fun quilt, love the scrappy look and what Bonnie Hunter said at her meeting we had in our guild. If you have some fabric that you don't like, you just haven't cut it small enough to put in the quilt. She pointed out some fabric she got on sale and it was Pittsburgh Steelers fabric, you couldn't even tell it.
Neat idea! And what a great way to use up some scraps!
these blocks look even better in person!!!
Great way to use up those pieces, Pat! I love scrappy blocks. For now I see a lot of light in those blocks. I think a dark would pop the color - I am thinking:black, hunter green, navy blue, deep red, or even a deep rich purple. Ah! that is the glory of a scrap quilt - anything goes!
Oh yes...and thanks to Calamity Jane's Bonnie for a kick in the pants! I had some fabric I didn't see using - Now I know to cut it SMALLER so the pattern I don't like gets "lost." Brilliant!
I love how this is looking and the idea of doing it freeform is appealing. How about black sashing? The colors you're using would really be the star...
it's looking like it will be a fun quilt. Nice & Cheery :)
Looks great, I love scrappy quilts!
That Go cutter really helps, huh? Looks great. Hope you are feeling better.
The scrappiness is great and the movement of the blocks are very interesting.....all and all, I love the looks
I do so love scrappy quilts and love how AccuQuilt makes it so much easier. Great post. Could be a good topic for the upcoming Spring theme for bloggers with AccuQuilt products too!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Love the color going on... And I love how each block has a fingerprint -- each is unique. Love it...
You feeling better?
Love your blocks! Great way to use scraps and 'ugly' fabrics. This is going to look terrific!
Fantastic! I love the scrappy look. How about no dashing..gives it a real old timey look. What cha think?
Pat
LOVE that scrappy look! It is going to be a wonderful quilt.
love the colorful scrappy blocks, and love the new profile picture as well
I think you are the best advertisement for the go cutter ever........Love the blocks!
I think you are the best advertisement for the go cutter ever........Love the blocks!
Very scrappy indeed!
I love the blocks!
Micki
I love each and every block! I never thought to use the Go like that...what a wonderful idea! Are you going to sash the blocks or how will you set them together?
What about using black for the sashing? That would be very dramatic. I love scrap quilts, the busier the better. This quilt will be very interesting.
Gita
Love your scrappy blocks and anything GOes. I like the idea of black or navy blue for sashings.
I've been messing with my GO scraps too, and enjoying the results.
Looking good Pat!!! You Go girl!!! 8-)
Love these blocks. They will make a great quilt!
Post a Comment